Rain rain... go away

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
Man, 4 1/2" of rain here this weekend just west of Atlanta. So much for my plans to take the Crawdad out and give her a try. It's been over a month since I've been fishing and it's making me crazy.

May as well put it on the front porch, as at this rate, you may need to use it to get to work tomorrow.

pbw said:
We hadn't had any rain in two weeks, been watering the lawn. This morning we got 1.5 inches of rain in one hour..

We were at Iroquois Park in Louisville yesterday, and it looked like it was going to let loose a couple of times, but didn't rain a bit. It waited until we were on the WK Pkwy on the other side of Leitchfield headed west towards home. I don't need to water my lawn, it's been surviving and thriving off the humidity. If I wanted to (and had the time), I could mow the yard twice a week just to keep up with up.

My swimming pool is about two inches from overflowing. I guess I need to backwash the filter and suck some water out... like my backyard needs more water dumped in it.

Boy do I not look forward to cutting the grass. By the time it drys out I'll need to bush hog it ;-)

I've gotten 15" since Tuesday.. and more today because Tiffany just told me that my rain gauge was over flowing again...

And to top off my 3.5 hour ride this morning to work, now 2 of my 3 possible (and only) routes to get home are closed due to flooding!

My dad said down where he works (Smyrna - just outside the perimeter North), that firefighters wearing chest waders were rowing jon boats to get people out of flooded apartments.

Pulling out of the school today, I saw cars sitting in the gully waiting to pull out submerged up to the center cap on the wheels. In the next day or so, my dads shop will likely get a few (possibly many, at this rate) cars in for new engines, as they hydrolock them, when running through puddles with the low air intake they put on these new cars.

Poolie,

Remember how Acworth was down 3 or 4 feet last week?

Here is a picture of it today, taken by a member of Allatoonabass.com.

acworthb.jpg

WOW!!!! It looks like my backyard now :) Thanks for the pic. I was wondering how much it came up.

if we get that much more today, it will be this afternoon... I can actually see the sun and some blue skies out my window...

with that being said - I'm now approaching the 20" mark on my rain gauge at the house. Getting home last night was great - I only tread water 1 time.. thank God for 4x4 trucks!

I did see pics this morning where 6 Flags Over Georiga was underwater... I won't be going there any time soon (not like I ever did before anyways though)

I know it took me over an hour to make what should have been a 20 minute trip to the DOL this morning. Hoping that it clears up like it is supposed too tomorrow. But. Never know.