Flu Shot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you take a flu shot

• Yes I will take a Flu shot

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No I will not take a Flu shot

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

FishingBuds

Reaction score
With all the Swine hype, was wondering who all takes the flu shot. I only took it one time years ago but, have not since then. I will not take one or will any of my family either.

Took it 23 times because the Navy crammed it in my arm. Well the last time was up my nose... But to be honest, if you truly look at the statistics <SP> regarding deaths caused by regular flu, compaired to swine flu, you will see that a lot of this swine flu is media hype. the regular flu with get you just as fast and just as bad as the swine flu.

I believe I, and all of my family will be first in line for taking the shot because I am a First Responder. I will likely take it for just that reason. I may be exposed to the flu more then average.

Never took one in my life until last year - got the flu shot and a pneumonia shot - after cancer treatments (chemo & radiation) doctor said I really need to have the shots. Guess I get them again this year :(

I teach school and my wife is a respiratory therapist at the hospital so the whole family will take the flu shot and then the swine flu shot. We are just exposed to too many germs LOL. Used to get the flu every year when I first started teaching. Last 9 years I have had the flu shot and have not been sick.... knock on wood :lol:

Loggerhead Mike said:
none for me, only because the lazyness has set in too far no turning back now

:beer:

procrastination.jpg

Loggerhead Mike said:
none for me, only because the lazyness has set in too far no turning back now

LMAO!! Same here for me, I wont get the swine flu shot because I believe it was rushed to market too fast and unsafe, also because of all the media hype which makes it worst then it really is..... On the avian flu shot If I see a convenient shot station at the mall or walmart ect and i got time to kill ill get it other wise i am much too busy to schedule an appointment, to get one.....[insert][flowers_on_the_wall.mp3 here[/insert]

I got the regular shot last week and will be getting the Swine flu shot when it's available. I haven't had the flu since my kids got older and stopped bringing it home every winter. But the last time I had it, it kicked my butt for 10 days and took 2 more weeks to get completely over it.

My father's older brother, for whom I am named, died from the flu in the influenze epidemic of 1918-1919 and if my dad had been living when the first flu shots came out, he would have been the first in line.

But, I have a more compelling reason to get the shots. Since last year I've had a compromised immune system due to the biologic drug. Humira, I inject bi-weekly for psoriatic arthritis. I can't take a chance. If I get the flu it could very easily kill me.

alumacraftjoe said:
I teach school...We are just exposed to too many germs LOL. Used to get the flu every year when I first started teaching. Last 9 years I have had the flu shot and have not been sick.... knock on wood :lol:

Same here. Me and my wife both work in the school system (13 & 12 years respectively), and there are far too many ill people (students) that bring colds, flu, etc. to school when they should be home, instead of spreading it everywhere. I just recently got over a cold that I caught at school. I hardly ever get sick ion the summer while we're out. The school provides the flu shot for free, and we're not passing it up.

I don't have a choice - being in the military, I have to take it. I don't get the shot though... for the last 3 years I've had to take the one that goes up your nose - I call it the Nasal Drip Flu Shot

I started taking a flu shot when I was 44 ( 61 now)after a severe case of flu the yr before I mean it knocked me for a loop for almost 3 weeks sickest I ever been in my life....I haven't had the flu since... Also it seems when i do come down with a cold or or any other virus that it isn't as severe or last as long... That is my story and I'm sticking to it :D ....JIGGY

DocWatson said:
FishingBuds said:
I'm surprized about the poll so far?
How so ??? Did you expect more no answers ??

No, I thought it be a one sided vote one way or the other, its closer to each other than I expected. I've started this discussion on other forums and here at work in the last 24 hours and its like this as well, seems to be a split call :? Just wierd, of course I'm a bit differant when I look at things momma always said :lol:

Latest posts