Don't Fish Too Close to the Water

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FishingCop said:
hummmmm.... Watch out for them SC gators :lol:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox/123e84916f0dfe5a

I don't think you can link to your Gmail inbox. It just takes one to a Gmail login page. Go to the site using the link in your email and then copy & paste that web address here. :wink:

I did a little poking around.... was this the page you were linking to ???

WARNING - Not for the faint of heart !!!!! [-X

DocWatson said:
FishingCop said:

I don't think you can link to your Gmail inbox. It just takes one to a Gmail login page. Go to the site using the link in your email and then copy & paste that web address here. :wink:

Yep, that's it - thanks for getting it posted for me - I'm a computer illiterate :?

You're right about the "faint of heart", but. hey, I figured our members arre able to handle it :)

FishingCop said:
DocWatson said:
FishingCop said:

Yep, that's it - thanks for getting it posted for me - I'm a computer illiterate :?

You're right about the "faint of heart", but. hey, I figured our members arre able to handle it :)

Glad to help out. :wink:

I wonder if the person's mother would be able to recognize them from this profile I cropped out of the main picture ?? Ear, eye & jaw line seem to be pretty apparent.

Attachments

• Profile.JPG
    Profile.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 320
I think I might have the picture upside down. The ear doesn't look right (the top is where the fold paterns are) Flip it over and you can make out a hairline above the ear and you can see it's the guy's head without question.

I thought you were a cop. :wink: This is Forensics 101. :LOL2:

Attachments

• Profile 2.jpg
    Profile 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 306
DocWatson said:
I think I might have the picture upside down. The ear doesn't look right (the top is where the fold paterns are) Flip it over and you can make out a hairline above the ear and you can see it's the guy's head without question.

I thought you were a cop. :wink: This is Forensics 101. :LOL2:

Ha, ha...... actually, never was an evidence tech ---- went from patrol to patrol sgt, then promoted to liuetenant/commander (promoted slot, not appointed by being a fair haired boy :).... I was in charge of patrol and investigation divisions (which included the ET's), training, firearms, etc. Never got hands on with evidence. But developed the SWAT team, trained them and was the hands-on commander (until I got to be about 45, then I remained in command, but left the hands-on stuff to the youngsters...... So...... while I saw my share of gruesome crime scenes, I wasn't a "CSI" like on TV :lol: So, I missed the details that you were able to find.... =D>

I used to get a couple of these each year. Each time it was when Billy Bob, Bubba, Booger, and Scooter, each weighing in excess of 300 pounds, would get in a 12-foot jon boat to go catfishing. After loading in 4 coolers of beer and assorted fishing gear they would putt up next to the locks with a good half-inch of freeboard. Invariably something would happen that would capsize the boat, often Bubba having to take a leak (uh, not the boat, that is) and tipping it over when he whipped it out. Life jackets were never present as they would have taken up space that would be better used for beer.

Being too drunk or never having learned to swim in the first place one or more of them would drown and gators being opportunists simply bellied up to the bar. I've never seen an actual gator attack although I know they happen.

OMG! That is the nastiest and coolest thing I have ever seen all wrapped up in one. We have some big gators here in Texas. I have fished around them all my life and not really given them much thought. (other than leave them alone) But I can't say that I have ever fished off the bank where they were present.

Deadmeat said:
I used to get a couple of these each year. Each time it was when Billy Bob, Bubba, Booger, and Scooter, each weighing in excess of 300 pounds, would get in a 12-foot jon boat to go catfishing. After loading in 4 coolers of beer and assorted fishing gear they would putt up next to the locks with a good half-inch of freeboard. Invariably something would happen that would capsize the boat, often Bubba having to take a leak (uh, not the boat, that is) and tipping it over when he whipped it out. Life jackets were never present as they would have taken up space that would be better used for beer.

Being too drunk or never having learned to swim in the first place one or more of them would drown and gators being opportunists simply bellied up to the bar. I've never seen an actual gator attack although I know they happen.
So, could you tell if it was Bubba, Billy Bob, Booger or Scooter from the head shot I posted ?? :wink:

You are correct. That is a croc & not a gator.

And according to Snopes, the pictures don't match the story.
https://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/dontfish.asp

If you want to see some larger images of this they are posted here....
https://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=21093

I'm guessing this was an Australian or African incident and not something from the SE United States because of the terrain and the fact that the American Crocodile doesn't range is as far north as SC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_crocodile

Latest posts