Rainy morning at the lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Decided to try and do some fishing from the bank this morning, so I headed to the dock at Lake Pee Wee. Fished for about 20 minutes with no bites, so put the gear in the truck and headed to city park. Tried both lakes with no bites there either. Before leaving, I was on the far-side of the small lake fishing from the dam and the weather started looking a little iffy, so I headed for the truck. It's probably about a 250 yd hike around the lake to the parking lot, and just as I gtt to the truck the clouds opened-up and it came a heavy downpour. Barely got my gear in the truck without getting completely soaked. If I would have had my rain gear with me I probably would have stayed longer just to see if anything would bite during the rain. Last night when I looked at the forecast it only showed cloudy skies with 3mph winds for the day ::) . At least I got to knock the dust off the rods.......with some help from the rain, lol. :)

Didn't catch anything so I posted here instead of the Fishing Report Forum. :wink:

Same here on Thurs.... went to Merlin pit off hwy 70 and hwy 175... Skies looked iffy but wanted to try some stick baits over weeds on a cloudy day... No more than 5 cast caught one about 3 it blasted that stick bait and as I was releasing the fish the skies opened up I mean alligator tear drops of rain I sat in truck for about 30 mins thinking it would clear but nope so I came home... Went again yesterday to Lake Beshears again had 3 bites caught 3 fish biggest about 3 agin an other 2 were keepers all this rain has them really scattered right now .... Thats fall fishing tho... Jiggy

jigster60 said:
Same here on Thurs.... went to Merlin pit off hwy 70 and hwy 175... Skies looked iffy but wanted to try some stick baits over weeds on a cloudy day... No more than 5 cast caught one about 3 it blasted that stick bait and as I was releasing the fish the skies opened up I mean alligator tear drops of rain I sat in truck for about 30 mins thinking it would clear but nope so I came home... Went again yesterday to Lake Beshears again had 3 bites caught 3 fish biggest about 3 agin an other 2 were keepers all this rain has them really scattered right now .... Thats fall fishing tho... Jiggy

Good to hear you caught some! 8)

..all this rain has them really scattered right now ....

Yep, scattered everywhere my hook isn't running through the water, lol.

Went teal hunting this morning down here in south La., guess what it started raining!!

Saw a few birds had one or two shots,came home empty handed, rain must not only be turning the fish off ,but the ducks too!!!

Latest posts