So there I was

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_wolf

Reaction score
I decided that since it was SUPPOSED to start dring out on Monday and my grass has been loving all this rain, I would get the lawn mower out of the shed and service it so that I could mow the lawn since I am out of work.

Please keep in mind we are renting this house since I only moved down here for the job, Neither my wife or I are from this area so had no clue where we wanted to live in the area, "Thank God we didnt buy just yet huh?"

Anyway, I walked out to the shed and opened it up to find my lawn mower is gone!!! Now mind you, there were other things in the garage Christmas decorations, coolers, other stuff, but none of that was touched. Just the two lawnmowers. "My land loard had one there, but I wasnt going to use it because something goes wrong with it, I am liable, so had my own.

Needless to say, Cops came out, they seemed bothered that they were called, didnt even go back to look at the shed. Just filed a report, gave me a card with the report number on it and drove off. Is it just me or dont you think if you were doing a stolen property report you would at least want to look at where the property was at?

But hey, now I am in the market for a lawn mower, not that I really need to be blowing that kind of money right now, but hey, what can you do....

Sorry, just had to vent a bit.... :x

Jim said:
Sorry to hear it. Thieves suck!

Yeah, sometimes cops suck too :)..... Don't know how big a town you live in, but small crimes (like stolen bikes, lawn mowers, criminal damage, etc.) in a little larger town don't warrant much attention - certainly not enough to warrant a call out of evidence techs, etc. File the report, report it to your insurance for reimbursement, and the cops are basically done. While that is the case, you'd think that at least they would have shown some empathy, looked around a little and explained why there is nothing that they could do. Hey, in a larger city, they wouldn't even have come out - you would have been told to come in the the PD to file a report. Sorry for your loss - for you, it was an important issue (and a bigger deal than the treatment you got from the cops), but, on the other hand, in the big scheme of things, it didn't warrant much attention from your local police. I always tried to have my officers show some attention, empathy & sympathy no matter how insignificant the crime - it is always a big deal for the victim...... many cops don't understand that....

Sorry to hear about that. I had a similar thing happen to me, well my ex-gf. At the time she lived outside of Baltimore, in a pretty decent neighborhood, but there were thieves everywhere. She used to leave her lawnmower outside under her deck. I would tell her every time I mowed that she should keep it inside or atleast lock it up, but she would always say that no one would steal it. Well we got back from a week long vacation and it was gone. It felt so good to say I told you so, but then of course I had to mow the lawn with an old style, non-power, push mower until she got another gas one. She then locked up the new one. Women always know best :roll:

You all are right, Kinda pissed me off that the cop could care less, guess I took him away from Dunkin Doughnuts huh?

Thing to me was IT WAS A PUSH MOWER! I could see if it were a riding mower, and the second thing, They took two lawn mowers, nothing else was touched! They even left the edger that was sitting next too it!

When we moved in here, this seemed like a good area, nothing big, but here in the last 6 months, we have had a truck get shot up down the block, A pit bull running loose around the neighborhood, a lot of less than desirable looking kids running through the neighborhood, and after talking to my neighbor that I know "Yes, I only know one of my neighbors" he has seen some things going on around here as well.

Now that I am home a lot more, I am going to be a little more vigilant in watching what is going on around here.

Went down and priced a new mower, don't need nothing fancy, but the cheapest I could find was 124 bucks! Think I am going to hit the pawn shops up and see what I can find.

hearing about things getting stolen makes me sick to my stomach. I had an 18 horse stolen earlier this summer. I bought it, spent 1 afternoon trying to get it to run right and some clown decided he needed it more then me. I didnt have the lock on it since I had just hung it on the transom that afternoon and was still tinkering on it.

the funny part is it was a 1961 Johnson, so it runs the 24-1 oil mix so Im hoping they run it with 50-1. it ran like junk ( I got it for pennies on the dollar) had a house paint camo job on it, was going to need coils, points, wires, carb rebuild and an impeller. the fuel hose was rotten, the bulb was cracked and the tank had a hole in it. I hope they clamped it on the back of their boat, got out to the middle of the lake and it left them stranded.

Its a sad fact but now I keep all my stuff locked up. I dont care if its for 5 minutes (I was only gone for 15 minutes for them to swipe the junky outboard) I dont trust anyone.

Sorry to hear about the theft of your mower. Thieves are the scum of the earth in my book. Just a thought, but have you talked to your landlord to see if he maybe "borrowed" it to use? Maybe he sent someone over to get his and they took both mowers?

Thanks, Yes, I did check with the Land lord, he wasn't too excited, the mower he lost was a piece of junk, so hes out nothing, compared to me being out a year old one...

Oh well. Guess I am hitting the pawn shops tomorrow to look for another one, and look to see if for some reason I see mine... never know. Oh well. What can you do but just deal with life. Although I would like to get my hands on the person{s} that took mine. Just one of my pet peeves. I hate the fact that people cant leave their hands off of others things. I work for every thing I have, why cant they!!!!!

...I hate the fact that people cant leave their hands off of others things. I work for every thing I have, why cant they!!!!!

Because they have no morals, and are low-life dirtbags that find it easier to steal than to work for something. I despise thieves!

Thing to me was IT WAS A PUSH MOWER!
\

when i lived in the "industrial" part of nashville the crackheads would come up to you every day even at stoplights to sell you everything from an old cellphone to lawnmowers to any kind of cheap junk you could think of

that crap makes me sick. they're out there selling our stolen items to buy some dope while they're living on our welfare. we're loosing twice

You know what is funny though, I have a 4.5 HP merc outboard sitting right there, They would have got a lot more trying to off that mower then they would the mowers! My neighbor and I think it was this kid that live in the neighborhood who just walks around aimlessly. He has seen him with some questionable things from time to time and informed the cop while he was out here taking my report.

Well I got some good news today! First off, my wife was on here way to work when she saw this kid in the neighborhood who is in question about the Police for these thefts through the area, pushing a mower from the far end of the neighborhood that he lives. now, keep in mind, this is at about 7:30 this morning. Then later on that day, the guy that lives across the street saw him pushing yet another mower through the neighborhood, so I contacted the Police, while all of this was going on, I had to run an errand and as I was coming back to the house, I saw this kid and another putting one of the mowers in to a car, I called the cops told them, while I was on the phone with the cops, the kids got in the car and took off, so I started following them. I got a description of the car as well as the plate, followed them for a while until they caught on to my car and ran on me, but it was enough, the cops caught them, they confessed to the thefts in the neighborhood and now they are guests of Gwinnetts finest!!!! I got a call from the Capt. of the Police department and he wants to meet me next week but also wants me to write up a statement on what all took place today, "Note, this is only a short narrative of what all happened today, this all transpired in about 7 to 8 hours today."

They even know where the kids were getting rid of the mowers, so who knows, mine MIGHT still be there, will only have to wait and see what all takes place from here. From what I gather, this little ring has been hitting up the neighborhood for mowers for quite a while, all I know

you're a better man than me... those kids would have never made it out of my sight before I would be able to pop off a few rounds in them. Mean I know (and illegal) but to each their own

Russ, It is truly funny that you mention that. Yesterday when I talked to the cop that came out to the house, I told her that if i caught one of them in my yard, I would call the cops for the aftermath, Now, before I go further, let me tell you how I was dressed because this plays in to this. I am wearing a shirt from my bike club, had blue jeans and boots on with a gun holstered when the cop came up. "Yes, I am legal to carry in GA, I just didnt have time to take the gun off by the time she was in my yard." Needless to say, when the had the kid in questioning him after she busted him, SHe told the kid "You know the guy that lives around the corner from you, Hes a biker! He carrys a gun and told me that if someone walked in his yard, they wouldn't walk out! DON'T F*&^& WITH HIM!" She told me today that it scared the kid so much that he broke down and told them who all was involved, who the fense was that was selling the goods and all!

Needless to say, there were for arrests made, one "PAWN SHOP" closed down and a bunch of the stolen items were confenscated last night. The cop that came out yesterday and talked too me was very good at what she did and I thank her for her service! You know, after my first ordeal with the local police, it was refreshing to see someone wearing the badge that took their job seriously. I know that there were atleast 25 reports from my neighborhood dealing with these kids, so this probably was a feather in her cap for getting this one, but knowing that my neighbor told the last cop about the kids in the neighborhood, it just makes me wonder about him as a professional.

Oh, Yes, I went down and looked at the recovered property, and No luck, mine werent there, but hey, atleast they boke up this little theft ring! alls well that ends well huh??

Latest posts