One of Cyberflexx's other hobbies..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Beside's fishing, the ol' Cyberflexx has another awesome hobby!..

I have been working on building a home arcade for me, ermm I mean the kids.. :? Trying to get the coolest daddy award.. :)

I repair pinball machines and Arcade machines as a hobby..

So far I have the following machines
- 1985 Williams Sorcerer Pinball machine
- 1977 Gottlieb Vulcan Pinball machine that I saved from being trashed. I have alot of time in this restore and the game is awesome!
- Galaga arcade machine that needs some work on the cabinet ( got the new graphics already)
- Neo-Geo arcade machine with a 100 n 1 game cartridge ( yes 100 games to choose from )
- Cyberflexx built custom MP3 Jukebox / MAME gaming machine ( Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)

I also have 2 more pinball machines, one is a 1977 Gottlieb SuperSpin that is in a friends warehouse that I need to go pickup and a 1978 Gottlieb Buck Rogers ( yes from the TV show)
that is in my garage awaiting a total restore.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 274
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 274
Now those bring back come memories! That is cool! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did when I was a kid in the arcades. Have fun.

Yes, keep them clean and they will last a long time. The vulcan was never cleaned, the playfield was worn down so bad that it looked like someone took sand paper to it. it was non-repairable. I found one from a guy in NY and bought it for $120. This was a hard item to find since there was only 3575 of them made in 1977 and probably most of them have been trashed by now..I use Novus 2 and Carnuba car wax to keep it slick...

Yes.. Galaga was my grail machine.. the one I wanted for years.. I found one an hour away just by luck. I saw a listing for some stuff on craigslist. I called the guy and asked if he had a Galaga, he said I think so. It doesnt work. I said I'll give you 100 bucks for it, site unseen. He said OK.. I went the following saturday and picked it up. It booted to zeros on the screen.. an hour later I had it fixed! There was a broken pin on the board and I resoldered it..I also bought the Buck Rogers pinball machine off of him as a machine to restore and to teach myself how to repair pins..

Yeah.. I keep the quarters.. I am going to convert it all over to Tokens and use it as a reward system for my kids. If they are good, they get 10 tokens or something like that.. I am not 100% finished with my room though.. I need to 'test' everything for a few months to make sure it works LOL!!!

Sweet!

I used to work with a guy that had Midway Games as one of his account. We did a customer visit and they had a ton of old games in there waiting area, they could have made us wait all day!

Very Nice

i have a shuffle bowl machine from the 1950s, an electronic dart board (still takes quarters) and a poker machine (anyone want to come gamble I will pay out!)

Captain Ahab said:
Very Nice

i have a shuffle bowl machine from the 1950s, an electronic dart board (still takes quarters) and a poker machine (anyone want to come gamble I will pay out!)

I'd like to see pics of your poker machine... can you snap a few of the inside and out?

Latest posts