Could Jersey Be In Trouble!!! Invasive rodent spotted in NJ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are HUGE rats - seen them in New Orleans

nutria.jpg

Unfortunately, we live in an "International World" today where almost any species can be purposfully or accidentally transplanted to almost any other part of the world where it can survive. Sadly, another by-product of man's disregard and lack of respect for the world we live in and responsibility for our actions. :(

DocWatson said:
Unfortunately, we live in an "International World" today where almost any species can be purposfully or accidentally transplanted to almost any other part of the world where it can survive. Sadly, another by-product of man's disregard and lack of respect for the world we live in and responsibility for our actions. :(

I agree! :D

I dont know how credible this is but My buddy who used to live down in Louisiana said that they probably wouldn't survive in that cold of weather.

This is pretty funny here,

He said that down in Louisiana the cops would ride around an kill them with rifles all the time trying to thin the population....LOL

They've been around here for a couple of years. My dog dug one of their burrows up and killed on one a golf course pond.

I doubt they will survive a cold winter - they are not set up for the cold and probably do not have the genetic programing to hibernate without a constant food source.

whj812 said:
I dont know how credible this is but My buddy who used to live down in Louisiana said that they probably wouldn't survive in that cold of weather.

This is pretty funny here,

He said that down in Louisiana the cops would ride around an kill them with rifles all the time trying to thin the population....LOL

I remember seeing this on a TV show years ago, maybe COPS? They pulled up to a drainage creek and stood in the back of their pickup with rifles and flashlights and picked off these things.

esquired said:
I doubt they will survive a cold winter - they are not set up for the cold and probably do not have the genetic programing to hibernate without a constant food source.

Animals evolve better then we do!

Gamefisher said:
esquired said:

Animals evolve better then we do!

I am sure they could evolve to do this - but unless these made their way north as part of the evolutionary process, one good cold winter will kill them off. Of course, a few mild winters will allow them to expand their population.

These guys eat all year round, so if the winter ice and cold shuts off their food source they will not survive

Man you need a wheel of cheese to catch that thing, than you dont want to get it angry :x

Latest posts