New 'Jon Boats Group' on Facebook for anyone interested...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrilla

Reaction score
For you FB-ers out there, I created a group called John Boats Group on Facebook, here is the link- https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=138002303307&ref=ts If the link doesn't work, just search for the name and you should find it. I put a link back to the site here, so hopefully it will bring new members that don't know about TinBoats.net. Also it's another place to post pics and vids and that kind of stuff. Feel free to add pics of your projects or whatever.

I'll be joining when I get home... the only reason I get on FB anymore is to play Mafia Wars - which by the way, if you don't play, don't start... once you start, you can't stop.

Mafia Wars is stupid addictive. I found FB right after having neck surgery last Fall, and was confined to my recliner for quite a while. I spent countless hours playing that game. When I was able to get around better, I made myself quit. Now my friends won't let me quit even though I don't play, cuz they use my fairly high level character in their mafia :roll: :mrgreen:

Hydrilla said:
Mafia Wars is stupid addictive. I found FB right after having neck surgery last Fall, and was confined to my recliner for quite a while. I spent countless hours playing that game. When I was able to get around better, I made myself quit. Now my friends won't let me quit even though I don't play, cuz they use my fairly high level character in their mafia :roll: :mrgreen:

I still have no idea why I play all the time... I level twice a day now, but I really get on there and beat the crap out of people just to see how much I get hitlisted for. I've been hitlisted 22 times now for $16,000,000. Oh well - if you haven't played it much, they just opened up new countries (Moscow) and it's crazy hard after the first episode is completed...

Ha, too funny. I guess I picked the wrong type of character when I started, because no matter what my weapons were, I didn't dominate people like I wanted to. Won my share, but still. I pretty much became a real estate mogul with a crazy high hourly income.

I joined too. I don't have a Jon boat yet. I will when I get back to Texas though. They sure work better in the flats than a carpeted bass boat like I have. As far as Mafia Wars goes... My wife played it for a while but I couldn't see anything about it that interested me so I never started. Between work and the 20 or so other message forum I frequent I barely have time to think. Good news is my wife says I should stop doing that anyhow.

In order to make the FB group more interesting, I'm going to try posting a 'build of the week', just simply linking to a build post here at tinboats.net that I find particularly cool. I didn't figure anyone would mind me linking to their build. The first one I posted was a pretty obvious choice- Ranchero50's Alumacraft jetski build =D>

I went to the Face Book site and failed. Boy that was confusing.

Maybe we could have a "Face to Face" Friday evening and all day Saturday get together at some state park on a lake centrally located for a good bunch of us?

Guntersville state park in Alabama? Anybody?
Bass, Crappie, Cats in that lake.

Somebody suggest a Point on the map. We'll all insert the mileage from our house to that point.

That kind of an exercize will identify where a central point might be. Then we can get down to finding a lake big enough for all these Tin boats and thrashing Rods.

Latest posts