Road Trip- Cumberland Gap, TN 10.03.09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
The family and I took a little Road Trip up to Cumberland Gap, TN yesterday evening with some family and friends. It was a beautiful day and we had a blast. The tow of Cumberland Gap is really a neat little place. The Pinnacle overlook was also awesome as you could stand in one place and be in both Virginia and Kentucky at the same time. On the way back we stopped at the Veteran's Overlook which had a great view of Cherokee lake. Thanks the good Lord for a great trip and a safe return! Below are few pics for those of you who may be interested.

https://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59170&id=1503425564&l=5636ec3c32

My wife and I have been there several times and love it! If you want a great hike take the Sand Cave Trail out of Cumberland Gap. It's not very strenuous and only around ten miles if I remember correctly. We're going to be going up that way in a couple weeks when everyone else is headed to the Smokies. And if you're up for a bit longer drive, go to Shaker Village near Harrodsburg, KY. Absolutely gorgeous scenery!

You should've gave me a call! Thats right in my neck of the woods.

Did you guys eat at Webb's? If you didn't, you should've....Awesome place to eat. :beer:

Thanks Guys! We had a blast! The leaves have not quite started turning yet but it want be long. We'll probably make another trip when they do. :D

Yes Bubba, we ate at Webb's... AWESOME FOOD! I didnt realize we were that close to you or I would have gave you a call. Wes said he used to live there too.

Latest posts