Seafoam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Theres only one place to get it here NAPA.
Went there today to get some and all they had was the transmission seafoam.This is what they(store)told me(short form)..."there supplier said it's all the same stuff just that they add red dye to the trans seafoam.???"
I don't know if it was just the store trying to sell me the product they had or if it's the truth.Everything in my mind was telling me don't buy it,, it can't be the truth,plus I have such great luck running the fuel additive seafoam......so why did I buy the trans seafoam and put it in my fuel tank?
I did run my outboard for acouple hours afterwards didn't have any problems yet.
Is there a way that I can find out the truth?

Seafoam is a great product. I have seen it several times in the local Walmart. I would think that the transmission Seafoam would be ok for use in fuel.

Years ago people would use Marvel Mystery oil as a gas additive and it worked fine. It is a little thicker than Seafoam.

I want to thank Jim Davis from Seafoam. :beer:

Below is the response:

Jim
Sea Foam and Trans Tune are very much alike.The difference is in how the two products are blended.Sea Foam has more upper cylinder lube than Trans Tune.Trans Tune has more cleaning oil and less lubricity.Both control moisture.Of course Trans Tune has the red Dye.If you cant find Sea Foam you can use Trans Tune in it's place.Both products are petroleum blends with no chemical additives.
Jim Davis
Sea Foam Sales Co.
Technical Service Manager
ASE Certified Auto Technician

Thanks to Jim Davis of seafoam.
This is a real great place here at tinboats,
A BIG thanks to you Jim for going the extra mile for me,much appreciated.
John

Latest posts