Got the [new] truck fever

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
This past Sunday after my wife and I left Lowe's, I drove across the street to the Ford dealership. That was mistake one. Found a truck that caught my eye, except it's damned expensive (at least for me). The second mistake was hearing my wife utter the words, "We could possibly make it work", referring to the payments. The best thing about looking at cars on a Sunday is what? That's right..........no salesmen on the lot to bug you, lol. Anyway, here's a pic of what I was looking at, but naturally not going to buy, but it's nice to dream :)

2010 F150 SuperCrew FX4, Black:
normal_2010_F150_SuperCrew_FX4.jpg

This thing is loaded, with black leather upholstery, heated front seats, backup alert signals, chrome running boards, etc, etc.
Price: $41,xxx . After customer cash back incentive: $39,450. :shock:

Think long and hard before you do that as work is not so good now . At least here and THEM payments are long as i did that in 06 and i am still making them.But it is a good looking truck.

I'm looking myself, however I'm not a fan of the 4 door or 8 ft bed, does any company make any vehicles without these?

Jim said:
Nice looking truck! Tell them to knock off 15k and then you'll talk! :lol:

With the economy and vehicle sales low, they might, lol

caveman said:
Think long and hard before you do that as work is not so good now . At least here and THEM payments are long as i did that in 06 and i am still making them.But it is a good looking truck.

Yep, that's the catch, as I retire in 2 yrs. The '01 SuperCrew 4x4 I have now is paid-off, and has 100,500+ miles on it. Don't even know what kind of trade-in value it's worth.

shamoo said:
I'm looking myself, however I'm not a fan of the 4 door or 8 ft bed, does any company make any vehicles without these?

The 4 doors have worked well for us with toting the grandkids, friends, and family around, and the rear seat folds down for ample storage. The bed comes in the 5.5ft version, which is what I have on my current rig, and I don't carry much stuff in the bed, except for an occasional furniture haul, or a run to the dump on Saturday.

Specknreds said:
If Jim would give you a raise for the good work you do on Tinboats, you could get it. :D

Lol, I've been meaning to mention that to him, lol. J/K Jim! :)

shamoo said:

I've got an F150 regular cab and swb 4x4. They are out there but most people seem to want the 4 door.

I would like to have one but I can't fit one in the garage unless I want to get rid of my tool cabinet and some other things. That's not gonna happen.

shamoo said:
Most still do. You get a short cab, short bed truck, at least in half ton. I know GM does, but if you are like me, supporting Government Motors/UAW is not an option after some of the recent events. Most 4 door trucks only have a 6 ft bed, which is about useless, but you can get a long cab/long bed pickup. Only problem there is it is a long SOB, and is a pain to park, and back short trailers with. It will, however, tow heavy trailers better than anything else due to the incredibly long wheel base.

I've been doing a little truck searching myself. 20 foot boat comes first, but when I can afford both, I am looking at 2002 - 2006 Chevy/GMC 2500HD, 4WD, Allison transmission. Probably 6.0 gasser, but the 6.6 diesel would be an option. The 8.1 gasser would be awesome, but the fuel bill would be outrageous, and the 6.0 would do all the towing I would need without too much sweat. Straight pipes, angling out in front of the rear tires, mud tires. I'm hoping to be started on the boat in a little over 6 months, and have cash in pocket for the truck in around a year.

Quackrstackr said:
shamoo said:
...I would like to have one but I can't fit one in the garage...

Mine has been in my garage once...the day I bought it. I had to stand in the bed of it to shut the garage door, then we couldn't get to the door going into the house, and that's before I ever put a trailer hitch on it. Been outside ever since June 2001 when I got it, but wax and tire treatments help a lot to keep the elements and UV at bay. :)

Oh, on bed lengths, the new SuperCrew models come in a 6.5 ft bed also as I recall. I prefer the 5.5 length.

Popeye said:
Nice looking truck but you need to get it in Haze Grey.

If I was able to buy it, I'd sure see if they could find a silver one. My current truck is silver, but the daughters say it's gray :roll: . And I thought I was the color-blind one, lol. The black makes for a nice looking vehicle, when it's clean and shiny. My wife's '07 Nissan Altima is black, and what a pain to keep clean. Her previous vehicle was an Explorer Sport Trac, also black. She likes the black vehicles.....................but I'm the one that cleans 'em. :shock:

One of the drawbacks of a black vehicle is that it gets extremely hot inside in the summer. My truck is black. I have a thermometer inside and have seen it reach 180 degrees in the summer. I have used it as an oven before and dried out clothes and such with the hot temperatures inside.

KMixson said:
One of the drawbacks of a black vehicle is that it gets extremely hot inside in the summer. My truck is black. I have a thermometer inside and have seen it reach 180 degrees in the summer. I have used it as an oven before and dried out clothes and such with the hot temperatures inside.

:shock: Ouch!

My wife says her truck is grey. It's metalic pewter, anyone can see that. You can hardly tell it's dirty until you go to wash it.

normal_IMG_0608a.JPG

Definitely work on them for a better price. I have an 05 FX4 F-150. The stciker was $39,987. I got if for $26,000. This is when the economy was good. The will work with you but be persistent.

Latest posts