I can't believe it...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
I just got called to go rescue a hummingbird that was "stuck in the window." At the time I couldn't figure out how a hummingbird could be stuck in the window, but I went up, and there it was. These are full 6 foot tall windows. Apparently, the top window was about 1/3 of the way down, because the whole house fan was on. But, the route that the hummingbird had to take to make it down in there downright amazed me.

First, it had to go through this hole in the screen, which is at the very bottom of the window.
(dog in the background for size reference :lol: ) Seriously, that hole is about the size of a hummingbird, no bigger.

hummingbird002.jpg

Then, it had to fly, between the window and the screen, to the top, which was open. There is a window curtain up there.
hummingbird003.jpg

Then, it had to descend lower than the curtain. At that point, it is open to the house for 18 inches between the curtain, and the top of the bottom window.
hummingbird005.jpg

But, instead of flying into the house, the hummingbird managed to squeeze past the windowframe, pictured above, and squeeze in between the two windows by the window latch pictured. There, it made it down to the bottom frame of the top window, and couldn't make it through the 1/4 inch gap between the outer window frame, and the window. It couldn't flap its wings between the windows, so it couldn't fly back to the top, where it could reach the gap.

To get it out, I had to pop the screen out, and then move the bottom window all the way to the top, and the top window all the way to the bottom to get it free.

I just cannot believe that it made it in there, given the route it had to take.

Nice save ... =D> I'm not sure, but I don't think hummingbirds are a game bird :lol: certainly not much meat on them bones :lol: my wife tries to attract hummingbirds each year around here (Chicagoland)..... so, I'm putting out many feeders, etc....... just so she can see them out the window.... She'd probably love one stuck in the window :)

So...... Capt............ "fried: hummingbird???? I don't think so?? [-X

Captain Ahab said:
FishingCop said:
So...... Capt............ "fried: hummingbird???? I don't think so?? [-X

Ya pop um like roasted peanuts - Yummy Good

2644651302_3a4e5a7403.jpg

hum, so, are the birds the green things or the white things????? :lol: either way, doesn't look all that tasty to me???

Latest posts