Was out of town. No bites for me again.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
We were at my BIL's in Louisville since Friday afternoon (the wife and I both took Friday off), and we've only been home about a hour now. Rained Friday, and quite a bit Saturday, but we did manage some fishing in his pond. No one got any bites at all Friday or Saturday. The water was really muddied-up from the rain and the run-off from the steep bank at the end of the pond. When we pulled into his driveway Friday we saw the pond water running over the small asphalt road that goes across the pond dam. This was due to the 50' long, 8" drain pipe that runs under the road from the pond to the opposite side ravine being clogged. Late Saturday afternoon, during a lull in the rain, my BIL donned his swim trunks and got in the cold water, and I passed him a length (30') of pvc piping he had glued together to use as a pipe clearing "tool". He pushed a few times and then we heard the clog break free. I was watching the discharge end of the drain and you should have seen the torrent of water that came through there after the clog (leaves, twigs, stricks, etc) broke through. It was still trickling out of the drain pipe the next morning, and the pond was now back to it's original depth. The water surface was now 3' below the roadway across the dam, where it should be. We got up this morning and fished some more, and the sun was out, which made it nice. My wife caught about a 12" bass on a Red Shad Tiki Stick. Only fish caught since we'd been there. Today when I left there was a black & blue jig w/trailer (from Saturday), and a 7' Culprit Red Shad ribbon tail worm (from this morning) remaining in the same pine tree that I got snagged in both times :roll: . Had to break the line both times because I couldn't get to the tree to free the lures.