Prayers needed....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Sorry that I havent been on the site much the past two weeks. My father has been in the hospital and had surgery on his intestines to bypass some cancer tissue since they cant remove the mass.

I have been at the hospital every day to visit him and he just lays there and sleeps or dozes off when you are talking to him. This maybe because of the meds and low hemoglobin in his blood and today they are going to give him blood so maybe that will boost his energy level. I have never seen him so bad before, its like he is giving up or something. He is terminal and the surgeon told him that it didnt look that good, but he isnt the oncologist. He will have to be off chemo for 4-6 weeks until he heals, which is a long time to go without...I think he will be ok for a few more years and I hope and pray some new medicines will be available in the near future..

Can you please remember my father in your prayers and if you go to church, please add him to your prayer chain. God knows his name and he is a christian.

Thanks

Prayers sent Cyberflexx!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

We're here if you need us man - my prayers are with your father and more prayers for you and your family.

Thanks....

Update: the darn hospice lady keeps coming in and making dad feel even worse so my mother went over to the oncology office and asked why they keep sending a lady from hospice over to talk with dad. They said they did not order it and that he is responding good to chemo drugs. They put a stop to it and the oncology dr. went to talk to my dad. I think it boosted his spirits some to know that.

Marine0341: my dad is a medically retired master sargent and was the only retention officer in the state of WV before he retired.

Prayers sent. I was in your shoes 10 years ago with my dad. Your being there with him means a lot to him.

wasilvers said:
Prayers sent! [-o<

Gotta give him some reasons to get better, like a fishing trip or two :)

He doesnt like to go fishing.. :(

Thanks guys....

Last night they gave him 2 units of blood since his hemoglobin was from 14 down to about a 7. They put him on oxygen as well. There is no signs of him bleeding internally, but where did the other blood go? He is very tired today and the only real pain that he has is in his hips and legs from where he been stuck in the bed. He gets up to go the the bathroom and he told my mother that his legs felt really wobbly.. The oncologist came in last night and told dad that from a cancer stand point, he was responding well to his chemo but he needs to get over this hump so he can get back on therapy. What made him feel bad was hospice came in again to talk about care and mom made them leave and she went over to the cancer center to have a talk with them on why they ordered hospice to come talk to them. Come to find out, it was not ordered by anyone except an intern doctor and they made sure there was a stop to it. Keeping your moral up and spirits high helps you recover faster instead of being let down by this situation..

Sorry to hear about your father. I went through this back in 2003 with my father, He didn't make it. my prayers will go out for your Father, you and your family. I hope all go's well and he pulls through [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Latest posts