Not really a fishing report

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Not really a fishing report because we caught no fish. But I did get to go out Saturday AM with my daughter Abby. We hit the lake a an early 8am :D . The geese were all over the lake hiding from the hunters. Check out the frost on the dock at the launch!

2009-10-10Abby_Fishing_frosty_dock.jpg

We fished a few areas, but didn't catch much. Abby kept getting bites, but I think they were 'weedfish' - it did kept the day interesting. It started off sunny and calm - which felt really nice, then the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up. Felt like gusts 20-25, which made the fishing that much colder. It was fun to see Abby try to fish with the lifevest on over her layers of clothes and her gloves getting in the way of reeling. She seemed to have a good time...

2009-10-10Abby_Cold_while_fising.jpg

We even tried trolling so we could keep our hands in our pockets, but that didn't work out to well with a few tangles and such. Stayed out from 8 to 11:30 before we called it a day.

Then we met two extremes at the dock... One lane dock, small area to turn your trailer around and launch/retrieve. I was walking the 1/3 mile to the parking area when another guy pulled up his empty trailer (he was taking his boat out for the year, but no boat was at the dock except mine. I walked back to see him parked in the turn around waiting for the boat to show up. By the time I walked back to my boat, his was there, but then they started doing something (winter prep maybe) and wanted to sit at the dock. Finally (15 minutes later) I had enought and said I was trying to get out, when he got pissy. I ended up taking my boat (and daughter) away from the dock till they were done with their winter prep (couldn't do it on their own dock I guess).

So we tried to take out again. And again on the walk to the parking another guy came up with his empty trailer taking out for the year. This guy stopped and asked me if anyone else was down there. I said just me, and he said he'd be out of my way in just a minute. Fine by me, he backed right in the water and his wife loaded the boat. They were gone before I could drive my car the 1/3 mile there. He was thoughtful and considerate, 8)

Anway, good for kids to see both extremes I guess.

Will

Nice to see you got out. I'm sure I wouldn't have been that patient at the boat launch. I can't stand idiots at the launch.

Latest posts