More Prayers needed..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
well if this isn't just the month for more prayer needs... but they do get answered so I'm asking of you to say a little prayer for my dad/best friend.

Wednesday night he said he wasn't feeling good so drove himself to the ER. Before that, here's the short story. 2 years ago my dad had a heart attack and they fixed it by putting a few stents in. Last year, he had a little bout with it again (not a heart attack) and they put in more stents, so now he has 7 total.

Back to where I started... he wasn't feeling good Wednesday (and I just found how he had been feeling bad for about 3 days) so he drove himself to the ER. They do blood work and say that it wasn't a heart attack, but his EKG was a little off from what it was after he had the stents put in and regular check ups. Today they did a heart catheter and my sis just called me (keep in mind he's 5 hours away in South Carolina and I'm in Georgia) -- anyways, she said the Dr said he has one, maybe two blockages in a "high risk" area. They can put more stents in to treat it, but they think that would lead to blockage in another artery, so they think the best option is going to be open heart surgery. He won't know what the final outcome will be until Monday when they do some stress test. He also has to be off Plavix for 7 days before they can do anything, so 4 days after Monday he could possibly be going in for open heart.

I just ask that y'all keep him in your prayers as we go through this ordeal. Say a little one for me too because it's pretty hard to do all my real work stuff when the only thing on my mind is him. I really don't know what I would do if something were to happen, and I try not to think about it, but it's hard not to. Anyways, thanks guys for being there - I always know I can count on you.

Prayers sent Russ! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

Romans 5:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

[-o< [-o< [-o< YOU HANG IN THERE BRO....i WOULD BET HE IS A TOUGH OLE BIRD....GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....JIGGY

prayers sent brother

a few weeks ago one another forum a feller asked for some prayers for his mom in the hospital with life threatining problems. a week later they released her saying she should live a healthy life

never underestimate the big man! we'll look out for yall

Hang in there Bud... I will most definitely keep you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

--Poolie

Thanks for the replies guys.. it's been a long time since my eyes have been wet just knowing I'm not doing this by myself.

anyways, I talked to Dad about an hour ago and got a better idea of what was going on. His "high risk" area is not really high risk.. the blockage is in a Y coming off of one of the arteries... they can put a stent in, but the Dr was afraid it would release some plaque causing another blockage. All of the stents that he currently has are all doing good and working as they should. He said he has 2 blockages, one at 60% and the other about 70%, so it would be a double bypass surgery if they were to opt for that. his gang of dr's are going to meet monday after the stress test to determine whether they are going to use medication or go through with the surgery.

thanks again guys for all the prayers... someone is listening and my fears are subsiding a little :beer:

Thanks for the update Russ. We'll try our best to help you through this. As other have said, if you need anything give a shout. I believe you have my cell number.

-- Poolie

hang in there russ last sunday they didnt give my mother 12 hrs after a few hard days she started to improve yesterday she sat up in bed and ate a big meal shes not out of the woods yet but doing much better there is power in prayer and we will be saying some for you

Latest posts