Salt water fishing license?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should a Salt Water license be required to fish from the shoreline/beach?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Only charge the tourists

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Don't care, I live in-land

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I currently have a saltwater license in 4 states. So I'm paying it anyway. I don't mind as long as the money goes back into the fishery.

I have a Salt License for DE - NY also requires one. NJ and Maryland do not - I am not sure about Virgina?

Anyway, so long as the revenue goes towards conservation and habitat i am all for it! Gotta to pay a little to play a little

Yes. The DNR in South Carolina does a lot in the conservation of the fishery here. They have ponds here that they raise fish in to release in the state. It helps the fish population. If it helps them I am for the license. If it went to the government to never be seen again I would have to change my answer to a "no".

Coastal states have the same issue that states that border the Great Lakes have, many fishermen don't fish the Salt (or the Great Lakes) so they feel they shouldn't have to pay as much. Personally I feel there should be the base license and then you add on additional stamps as you broaden your fishing area. People in the Northwest corner of Texas aren't going to do as much salt water fishing as people near the coast so let them just buy the base license. Many of the stamps you have to buy also fund special projects like trout stamps so I see the purpose of those too. I do however wish the states would all get together with their prices for both resident and non resident licenses. I wouldn't be against a Federal fishing license for military personnel, even if it was just for the active duty guys (of course if veterans were included that would be great too). I don't need to buy an Illinois fishing (or hunting) license being a disable vet. Illinois also allows ALL veterans from any state with at least a 10% disability rating from the VA to fish without needing a license. Be nice to see more states do that too.

Captain Ahab said:
I have a Salt License for DE - NY also requires one. NJ and Maryland do not - I am not sure about Virgina?

Anyway, so long as the revenue goes towards conservation and habitat i am all for it! Gotta to pay a little to play a little

You play more than most so it's part of the game. Some don't play very often and the short term license is an option, but an expensive one and a poor alternative.

In case you can't tell from this statement, I'm Not Sure. :wink:

Latest posts