Camp Cheteck Fishing Classic-found pics online...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
This last year I had a chance to visit the "Camp Chetek Fishing Classic" It's a 2 day fishing tournament and seminar. A few fishing pro's and hunting guides come in and give some tips on fishing the lake (they really do tell us what they learned in pre-fishing) and share some random tips on fishing or hunting and have a question and answer time.

The next day the tournament kicks off with a bass tourney. That night is more time of sharing and storytelling, campfire, basketball, whatever you want to do. The next morning is a panfish tourney. They whole time fishing, you can catch walleye and add them to your total bag and there is a prize for largest pike weighed in.

It is a blast! The classic is held at a kid's camp in northern Wisconsin and is a fundraiser for them an also offers them a chance to share the the Good Word with some crazy fishermen. It doesn't hurt matters at all that all the fish are release at their very nice dock right before the kids camping season begins 8) We get to sleep in the bunks like the kids do and eat the cafeteria food like they do. Actually the food was pretty good and they even had steaks one night. It's just like kids camp, except we all have nicer toys now.

Some pictures of last years trip - https://photos.campchetek.org/Fishing%20Classic/

As it gets closer, I'll post a link to the days it starts, usually first weekend in June in case anyone wants to try it out. As you can see from the pictures, there are a LOT of tinboats in the tourney. Even the pro's are running them.

BTW, I'm in picture #16 with a friend I took up there. I think I have a new partner for some tourneys - he likes to fish as much as I do!

Latest posts