Anyone SCUBA?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Just curious... Has it helped you find any new fishing holes? Seen any HUGE fish? Found anything interesting?

I've been diving since I was 12. My dad had us diving before that on a Brownie Third Lung. I haven't been going very much in the last few years. I do not have a big boat at this time and I really haven't had the money.

We mainly spearfished around the oilrigs offshore. Fishing boats would follow us around. If we came up with good fish, they would stay. If we didn't have anything, they would follow us to the next rig.

I can't remember his name but there use to be a guy on tv whose claim to fame was diving studying Bass. I think they called him the BassProfessor.

You asked about big fish. We have encountered Mako's up to several hundred pounds to grouper twice the size of me. The coolest was when we had a Whale Shark come to the boat. My boat was 29' and he was just as big. We swam with him for over a hour.

Yes, it could help you. You could study their patterns, depth, forage, etc.

Thanks for the reply. It's something I've been considering. They use my local campground fishing hole as a training area for classes. Next time I'll have to ask for some info on the class.

:D

Do it. I cannot recommend it enough to anyone who was the interest. Some of y'all may remember a guy named Jerry Garcia. He was an avid diver before he died. He was quoted as saying that if he had tried diving in the sixties he never would have touched drugs. Now, that is a powerful statement. :lol:
Diving is like knowing a secret that no matter how you try to describe it to someone it just doesn't do it justice. It's awesome.

Just do it.

cheers,
yak_n_fish

Latest posts