Venison @ breakfast?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
https://www.snotr.com/video/2772

We used to have a pet deer. Our pastor found him a few days old at the roadside after his mom got killed by a car. He brought him to us because we had 80 acres and my parents were softies. We bottle fed Bucky and kept him safely locked in the garden till he was a little older and wiser (few weeks). He would hang around the house all day, thought he was a dog. Funny how the other dog just accepted him as family. When he got older he got frisky and started to paw at people. It was ok with me because he usually just did that to my dad and mom. He developed a nice little rack his first year and started to stay away from the house more.

One day some hog hunters came trespassing (again -from over 4 miles away from their trucks, in Texas, they knew they only had 360 acres to hunt, yet crossed untold number of fences) and we never saw Bucky again. We assume he walked up to them to say hi and that was the last thing he did.

From that day on, my dad activly pursued and kicked out hog killing trespassers from our land, usually they were missing a dog or two. Funny how that works.

Ah, the good old days...

Latest posts