Here's a unique cause to support

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
One of my hobbies is airguns and Randy Mitchell from Adventures in Airguns website had an interesting contact. From his forum....

• All right guys, I received a very interesting phone call this morning inquiring about airguns suitable for hunting. Sounds like it is just up our alley, huh?

Seems a missionary in South America (Ecuador) would like to explore the feasibility of a spring-piston air rifle for taking of small pigs and monkeys that the tribe hunts. Using a rifle or shotgun is getting prohibitively expensive, and the laws are beginning to hinder their access to ammunition.

Having discussed the range and requirements he has in mind, I've come to the conclusion that a couple of Mike Melick tuned B-28's or TF-21's in .22 caliber would be the ticket. I plan to provide them with the air guns, ammunition, and perhaps a couple of spare parts (springs, seals, etc.).

The premise of the airgun usage is simple.....cock it, load it, shoot it. No scopes, so open sights are a must. The shorter the better for maneuvering in the jungle, but the power also needs to be there. No closet queens, for these guns will be treated roughly, so no fancy stocks, etc. Just simple, workable solutions to their hunting needs.

The missionary's name is Richard Williams, and his website is:

https://www.chetandkatie.org

They work with the Waodani tribe, the ones who speared the missionaries Jim Elliott and Nate Saint, as well as 3 others in 1956. There is a book about this incident called "The End of the Spear". There is also a movie about it as well.

Understand, Richard called me intending to buy these guns, but after careful consideration, I've decided to provide the guns for them. Not everyone who visits and contributes to this forum will feel led to contribute or have a part, and that is certainly fine. However, I want to offer those of you who do wish to help an opportunity to either give an unused air rifle of the type mentioned above, or to contribute financially to this endeavor.

You can contact me on my email or phone, and we'll discuss how you would like to help. I'm hoping to get 2 fully tuned air rifles, pellets, and some spare parts to their North American contact by early November so that the next team flying down to their location can take them with them.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out with this endeavor.

Randy

Anyway, as of yesterday they were still short a lot of the $ to ship the guns. If you want to contribute, he accepts paypal to [email protected].

A link to the original post is here....https://www.network54.com/Forum/414006/message/1255536489/SPECIAL+FORUM+PROJECT-+Read+if+you+like----humanitarian+aid

Mod note: If this is inappropriate, please delete - this just seemed like a good cause.

Latest posts