Latest Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dampeoples

Reaction score
This is my mail Jeep, after 45 minutes of sanding, it looked like this this morning:

unknown.jpg

We didn't have the proper grit sanding pads, so we made do. Time appeared to be running short, so we bailed and went ahead and shot some primer on it. If this weather sticks around like it is, i'll be at it again next weekend, the bulk of the rough sanding over with, but still miles and miles to go. The end result I really want Chrome Yellow, but I'd have to get that paint shipped, so I'll probably do red (using Duplicolor Paint Shop laquer paints, chain auto part stores sell it for $20 quart, primer, color and clear), then, since my airbrushes love me so much, come back with something really nice on top of it, like flames or screaming eagles, or something, or I might get tired of it, and be happy with red, hehe. Here it is this evening, though:

IMG_0809.JPG

The hood, if it happens, will be reserved for flames, thank you :) The USPS logo is an eagle, I would love to drop a flaming eagle on each door, though :)

They don't care, as long as the mail gets delivered! The City Carriers all have USPS provided vehicles, uniforms, etc, we're on our own. In the office, some folks drive cars, and sit in the passenger seat, and sling their legs over, some have newer Jeeps, white, silver, red, blue, green, etc, and a few of us have the older Jeeps, I really like the sliding door, way more room inside with the door open, no elbow slapping! I had been driving the Jeep in it's rusty state, hehe, I gotta get the mail delivered :)

ok, ok, i'll go upstairs now and, well, do something, dunno if it'll be paint!

Latest posts