Couple additions to my fleet - PHOTOS UP!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Thumbing through the tools section of Craigslist, my dad saw a listing for a whole bunch of large tools, from the 40s and 50s. We run a nice shop, and many of the tools in it, are restored ones from way back when. So, he fought through the listing (no punctuation - all the items are just written down, with a single space between, for something like 20 lines). Near the bottom, he saw it said antique boat motor 3 seahorse. Well, we called the guy, and he said everything in his building, had been there since the 50s, and so it was obviously of that vintage. Then, we asked him how much does he want, and he asked which one. Well, seeing as there was only one in the ad, we questioned him again. The second one is an old OMC, that he said was definitely older than the 3 horse.
We go to look at it, and we are facing a nice antique motor, as well as the 3. He would give the 3 to us for 75, but wanted to do a little more research on the other one. Finally, we got him down to 200 for both.
I have positively identified the 3, as a 1955. It is in reasonable condition. Shows signs of use, and age, but nothing really major.
The other one though, I believe is a 1936 4.3 horse. The number is 4151-0182, so correct me if I am wrong. He said he last remembers it run, when he was a kid, in the 50s, his dad, and a friend fired it up in a barrel, in the yard. It has been sitting in the same corner, from then, until last week. I don't know too much about these things, but it seems to be missing a muffler, or whatever they had on the exhaust.

I had been wishing to get a 50s 3, or 5.5 for some time, but never could get the right deal on one. But, a '36 is just amazing. Can't wait to restore it, and run it from time to time. Pictures to come soon.

Photos here.
HPIM5139.jpg

HPIM5141.jpg

HPIM5153.jpg

HPIM5154.jpg

HPIM5155.jpg

HPIM5156.jpg

Now, before we get off on the wrong foot here, let me clarify something. It seems I have given myself the impression that I am some spoiled teenager, that gets most everything he wants. Well, that isn't the case. Sure, I do have more in the way of boats, and boating stuff than many folks on here, but, I have worked my butt off for years, and years in order to have the cash to buy that stuff. Yall have all seen my sig, but it includes all of the boats dad and me have together. But, the ones that I have paid for are: The 12 foot Grumman, the Evinrude 4 deluxe, the new 3 horse Johnny, the 1936 motor, all three trolling motors, all three sonars, all my fishing stuff, which includes some high dollar rods. But, I have been working since I was about seven, and saving up, and buying stuff myself. I never turn down an opportunity to make money (except cleaning gutters on a three story house, as that becomes a safety issue) And, if there is something I want, but don't have the money for it, guess what, I don't get it.
Just figured I would clarify this real quick.

Very nice bassboy - and I did not think you are a spoiled teenager and now know you are not.

Love your posts - keep it up

...the impression that I am some spoiled teenager, that gets most everything he wants.

Never thought you were, and................once I learned how old you are, I was really impressed by your posts. I wish my students would write the way you do (sentence structure and punctuation to go along with it!) Makes me crazy grading their papers.

Never knew you were a teenager until just now. Age doesn't mean anything compared to maturity and responsibility. Your posts are both mature and responsible. Continuing on the path you have started down will make all your family proud of who you turn out to be as an adult.

That post was really intended for another forum, but I figured I may as well copy and paste it on here, to cover all flanks.

Never thought you were spoiled my man, todays youth could take a note out of your book, kudos to your parents.

I never knew you were a teenager either. Judging from your knowledge and experience with boat builds and mods I thought you were much older. Enjoy being a teenager while you can! Once you get to those terrible twenties its all downhill! :shock:

Sweet motors.

Latest posts