Powder Coating?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has ever had anything powdercoated before? I've just bought a used jackplate for my boat, and its gonna take ALOT more work than I really want to put into to clean it up and re-polish it to looks nice....and even if I do that, it won't last since there is no coating on the aluminum. So i'm just pondering on how much I would be looking at to have it powdercoated. Anyone ever looked into anything like this and know about how much it would run?

I had an amp shroud (amplifier for car) and big one... the guy charged me $50 to do it a few years ago.

You can probably shop around body shops, get someone to sand blast it for ya and coat it for probably $50-75... might be cheaper than that considering how much people need the money.

You might even be able to find a "shade tree" powder coater somewhere... I used to know one who did a lot of my stuff (if it would fit in his oven)

Looks like i'm gonna be having my jackplate powder coated! Just called a place in Maryville(about 1 1/2hrs south of me). $40 bucks for silver base with a clear top coat. Sounds like a deal to me! :)

russ010 said:
are you getting the 15% special for new customers? I just saw it on their website

Yup. Still looking around at a few other prices, but this guy is sounding pretty good. He even offered to meet me somewhere after hours or on a saturday to pick it up after its done(because I work basically the same hours he does through the week). Said I could drop it off at his store one evening after hours, then pick it up once he gets it done.

Latest posts