Need some waders!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
Hey guys I know I've been relatively inactive lately. I try lurking around every here and there, but junior year's really taking its toll on me! I just completed my first SAT in October, and school work is piling up, not to mention I have to take the SAT again along with ACTs and SAT II's. I haven't been able to get out since the summer :cry: . Going to LBI (Long Beach Island) this Friday though, which should be a nice break from school (tomorrow and Friday off! woot!).

Anyways, I'm planning on getting out more and more as winter comes around. Probably coming across as a disappointment for some of you, it is going to be SALTWATER. Mainly surf/jetty fishing. So my dad and I want to invest in a pair of waders for ourselves, and I'm really a noob when it comes to waders! I've been looking on cabelas.com and basspro.com, but can't really see a noticeable difference between any two given waders. So I'm gonna need some of your expertise on choosing waders!

Now I want a quality pair of CHEST waders that will keep me warm and dry during the winter/early spring. It's gotta hold up in the surf/on the jetties and MUST be less than $100. Thanks for any help!

BTW - for "stockingfoot" waders, do you need to wear separate boots on your feet?

Stocking foot require separate boots.

I'd spend the extra $$ and get the Cabelas Pro-Guide series. If they leak 3 years down the road they will exchange them if they don't appear abused.

Latest posts