Dead Fish, What Kind Is It?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
I found this guy saturday but never took a picture. I took one on sunday even though he was pretty decomposed in hopes that one of you guys might know what he is.. You guys got any clue?

normal_Dead_Fish.JPG

Nope most likely not a striper. Especially in Fl. Also, the body is too round shaped to be a striper. Most likely it's a white bass. Size looks perfect too.

SMDave said:
Nope most likely not a striper. Especially in Fl. Also, the body is too round shaped to be a striper. Most likely it's a white bass. Size looks perfect too.

Im with SM, I thought it was a White Bass after seeing a picture of one. When I saw i saturday it was in good shape (for being dead) and i was able to see the head mouth and all. Its amazeing how fast stuff decomposes in less than 12 hours

BassAddict said:
Waterwings said:
...Its amazeing how fast stuff decomposes in less than 12 hours

It's that warm Florida air. You want some of our rainy 41 degree weather we're having? Lol :)

Ill take the rain, the crap pond is atleast 1 foot low......... ATLEAST ID SAY ITS ABOUT 1&1/2 LOW

Pff... at least you have liquid water.

I'd say some variety of cichlid/tilapia. Tough to say with no head to look at tho. Bassaddict couldn't you at least have waited until after you took the picture to take a bite??? :)

Bryan_VA said:
I'd say some variety of cichlid/tilapia. Tough to say with no head to look at tho. Bassaddict couldn't you at least have waited until after you took the picture to take a bite??? :)
I may be wrong, but look at the anal fin. It is white, and is square in shape. Cichlids and Tilapia's (I am pretty sure) have rounded second dorsal fins and anal fins.

Bryan_VA said:

That fish was almost as good as the eel i caught on my snoopy rod off my grandmothers back dock!!!!

Latest posts