Esquired Worms into 4" BrushHogs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
I'm currently melting down Esquired's worms that were too soft to fish, adding some plastic to hopefully harden them up, pouring 4" BrushHogs then sending them back to him. Id figure that I would take a few snapshots along the way for those who are interested, here is my meager setup.

normal_Baits_step_1.JPG

*Edited to add that I will be pouring 4" BrushHogs to send back to Esquired, not just the blob.....Thanks for pointing that out Shamoo :) lol

Mr. Esquired, what worm was that that he was maken soup out of, recognize your creation. :cry:

Mr. BassAddict, you been maken your own worms? Now when you say you use Mr. Esquired worms, is that after you give them the meltdown and re-molding? :lol: LOL

I starting making my own stuff but they sucked so i gave up......... Esquired got me hooked on his worms and a new companys plastic which revived my intrest in plastics. I was not using these worms cause they were too soft (they cast right off the hook) so with express written consent from Mr Esquired himself im melting them, im gonna try to stiffen them up, remold them as BrushHogs, and then sending them back to Mr Esquired first class over night mail!!!

Well it took me an hour tonight but ive poured 1 decent brushhog after trimming it some. Here is the finial product, im thinking of keeping 1 for myself but shhhhhhhhh dont tell esquired lol

normal_Success.JPG

They are nice and stretchy but not soft heres a little bendy test compared to the first hogs made from a diffrent plastic

normal_Stretch_1.JPG

normal_Stretch_2.JPG

normal_stretch_3.JPG

and the new melted down esquired brushHogs have a nice fall, the other ones float

normal_Sink.JPG

Well guys that my story, here's a shot of me pouring and what 2 hours of work produced me, which isn't bad considering last night after one hour I only had (1) good BrushHog which my niece promptly destroyed lol

Attachments

• 2 hours work (Small).JPG
    2 hours work (Small).JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 709
  • Closeup (Small).JPG
    Closeup (Small).JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 709
  • Me Pouring (Small).JPG
    Me Pouring (Small).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 709
i dont use soft plastics much. do they really work that well for yins that you would take the time to make your own. i use to bass fish alot but i always used plugs or live bait. someone broke into my house years ago and stole all my equipment, amongst other things. i know who did it but cant prove it but his day is coming. i have never been able to replace all my stuff but would really like to try new things. any info about good soft plastics would be great.

mtnman said:
i dont use soft plastics much. do they really work that well for yins that you would take the time to make your own. any info about good soft plastics would be great.

More bass are caught on soft plastics than any other lure, and for me makeing my own baits feeds into my bassin' addiction. Several times I caught myself dreaming of that monster bass that nailed my bait while I was pouring and for that split second I was out there fishing,,,,,, Just this feeling alone makes it worth the time and effort!!! You can also find more info about pouring at the link below. Btw thanks esquired for reintroduceing me to this great hobby :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.tackleunderground.com

mtnman said:
i dont use soft plastics much. do they really work that well for yins that you would take the time to make your own.

Mtnman - I will have to make a trip west with my plastics and show you how i do it. They are my number one bass bait by far - on a good day they will even out fish live bait.

You really need to start using soft plastics for bass and all other species or you are certainly missing out on a great type of fishing.

Latest posts