Any guitar Players in the house?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ole' Cyberflexx wants to learn to play the guitar. I have wanted to learn for years but never got around doing it. Since I have played the saxphone for almost 7 years ( when I was in school) I know how to read music, keep rythm, play and tap with my feet, so that part shouldnt be to hard for me.

I recently bought an electric guitar stage pack kit from Peavey that was endorsed by Orange County Choppers. Dont laugh, it was $99 bucks at Walmart and it came with the guitar, amp, tuner, strap, cord, instruction DVD. I thought this was a cheap route to go, just incase I dont like playing. Here is a link to the sound test I found on the net https://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/peavey-orange-county-choppers-stage-pack-soundtest/1417149270

I also bought a first act 222 foot pedal that I have not played with yet.

Do you think this is an OK starter kit?

What is the fastest, easiest way to learn to play? No I dont want to be Eddie VanHalen over night or anything.

Any advice would be great..

For $99 dollars it should be fine to start with. I'm not very good on guitar but I have fun learning. Try starting with basic chord fingering G, C, D are the staples for country music. then working on strum patterns and rythm. Guitars are like anything you get what you pay for, yes $2500 for a vintage Les Paul is going to sound and play better then your starter but its all about having fun. I have a washburn acustic that I picked up for $200 and a Mexican made Telecaster that was $380 new. I started with a fender acustic starter pack that was $110. Most importantly STAY WITH IT and learn before you decide its sucks and is to hard.

The biggest problem with playing guitar is not to get discouraged..Try to start with easy songs, beleive it or not most songs are played with only three chords. Trying going on utube there are tons of beginners lessons on there, just do a search for beginner lessons. Try to practice a little each day.

I have a left handed Fender Strat electric and an Ovation acoustic.

glad to know I'm not the only lefty, it kinda stinks when trying to buy guitars very limited selection. Ovation makes a nice guitar. What kind of amp do you run the strat through?

I am a lefty as well.. But holding a guitar right handed, feels better for me for some reason, just like a right hand retrieve baitcaster feels better to me...Maybe I should go to a guitar store and find out which one really works better for me.. I hope not a lefty since better selection for rightys..

As everyone has said stick with it and play through any problems that come with it. Learning takes time and practice practice practice. Learn basic chords and scales. Since you already have musical knowledge, a lot of things will probably come quickly and you will know some of the lingo. Remember,if it was easy, everyone would do it!

Like everyone has said, stick with it. I have been playing since I was 11, but lost interest while i was in college. I am picking it back up again, and it is frustrating how little i can play. I don't read music, i just read tabs and play by ear. I think tabs are the quickest way to learn. Playing songs that you like is always encouraging. my favorite website for tabs and lessons is ultimate-guitar.com they have a lot of great information. Good luck and keep at it.

Crankworm I have a peavey renown amp I play the strat through and yes the selection is small.

I also learn a lot from playing guitar tabs.........

Latest posts