My new tow rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crankworm

Reaction score
Just bought this 05 Jeep Liberty to replace my Ranger. This is the first vehicle I've owned with leather seats and a moonroof. I guess I'm getting old. It has a 2.8 liter diesel that is rated at 160hp and 295lb-ft of torque I figure thats enough for anything I need to tow. Been driving it around since Sat. mostly around town and the trip computer is telling me that i'm averaging 25.5 mpg. My friends tell me it looks to "college sorority girly chick car" for a adult male to drive, I think they are just jealous.

Attachments

• liberty (2).jpg
    liberty (2).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 541
Score!

btw, your friends are tremendous homophobes. How many of them dress up as cheerleaders for halloween? :shock: :lol:

Nice looking jeep.Maybe "man" it up a bit.A bug shield,ventshades,maybe a couple of fishing stickers on back window(tinboats.net,maybe).You know make it look like a guy drives it.Then your buds may like it,if not tell em they can walk!

I showed the picture of your new jeep to all the girls in the office and they all want one......
very nice ride. get some mud on it and you'll be fine

I bought a new Liberty in 2002. It's the best car I have ever owned - mileage isn't great but the car is. It's got almost 100k on it and never a lick of trouble. It's been in the shop only for routine maintenance. My next car will be another Jeep. Sorority girls drive Beemer's or VW's with the flower vase.

+1

My commuter car is a BMW R1100RT motorcycle. Not too great of a tow vehicle for a boat, so I use the wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee. Before I started running boats that were too big and I went to full sized trucks, I used to tow with a regular Cherokee Sport and it was great. Now that I'm into tin boats, my next vehicle will be a Jeep Wrangler. Not a great tow vehicle for a bigger boat, but for a 14-16' jon boat, no probs at all. Plus I've always wanted one so there. :D

danmyersmn said:
I love jeeps and my next rig is going to be one.

Nice looking vehicle. Is it 4x4? If so, that's not the girly version. If it's a 2-wheel drive model and you are happy with it then that's okay too.

I was gonna say a Liberty is the girliest thing Jeep has made :lol: but it will look better pulling a boat.

A Wrangler looks more manly though :lol:

yup shes a 4x4 , Hydrilla I'm jeolous of bike I wish I could ride all year but I doubt the heated grips would be enough once the snow flies. I've got a 75 suzuki GT750 2 stroke I ride around when the weather is nice. I'm not sure why I still live in MI !?! Winter Sucks. I might have to look into a TinBoats.net sticker, it might look nicer then one of those of Calvin taking a leak on a chevy emblem.

Nice ride Brenda!!!! Only kidding my friend, I agree with everyone else, wear a wig :LOL2: , seriously, Nice looking ride, decent on the gas, you'll save even more gas if your friends dont want to ride in it but I doubt it. Good luck with it dude. =D>

Nice Jeep! What ya need to do is slam four 12inch subwoofers and amps in the back, Raise the suspension and slap 33's on in!

I'd love to raise my Yukon XL, but the wifey continually tells me NO NO NO! LOL!!!

Attachments

• JeepLibertyOffRoadSolidFrtAxle.gif
    JeepLibertyOffRoadSolidFrtAxle.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 457
Cyberflexx, I used to have a Dodge Ramcharger with Mickey Thompsons the wife hated it and refused to drive it. now that I think about it I shouldve been reason enough to have kept that truck around.

Nah, the heated grips wouldn't help much up there. Those GT750s are cool bikes! I love the oldies, I'd love to see a pic sometime. My wife wants me to restore a Honda SL175 for her to ride, her Dad had one when she was a kid and it has sentimental value. I love bikes almost as much as fishing :)

Crankworm said:
yup shes a 4x4 , Hydrilla I'm jeolous of bike I wish I could ride all year but I doubt the heated grips would be enough once the snow flies. I've got a 75 suzuki GT750 2 stroke I ride around when the weather is nice. I'm not sure why I still live in MI !?! Winter Sucks. I might have to look into a TinBoats.net sticker, it might look nicer then one of those of Calvin taking a leak on a chevy emblem.

Nothing a few parts some time and money wont fix. See if you buddies wanna follow you here with their rigs.

Attachments

• ChinamanGulch14.jpg
    ChinamanGulch14.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 143
  • hardrock104.jpg
    hardrock104.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 143
  • SS850949.jpg
    SS850949.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 143
  • TwinCone3.jpg
    TwinCone3.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 143
  • TwinCone6.jpg
    TwinCone6.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 143
Boater is one of those rigs yours? pretty darn sweet setups. I don't have the money or time to do something like that it, costs to much to always fix the broken bits of a trail truck thats why I switch to quads.

Latest posts