Car dealership free advertising?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I was out in the garage straightening up the other day (after moving the boat outside) and had the garage door open. I looked outside at noticed the dealership decal/emblem on my truck tailgate that they always seem to place on vehicles. It looked out of place where they had it so I decided to remove it, but wasn't too sure how it would go if the thing had real good adhesive on it. I've read where people have used fishing line to pull under the emblems and was prepared to do that, but I got a fingernail under it and it came off easily.

How many of you have the dealers remove the emblems when you buy a vehicle or remove it yourself afterwards? I see it as free advertising for dealerships, and we had the dealer remove it when we bought my wife a previous vehicle a few years ago.

The dealership emblem above the F-150 emblem is no longer there :)
95_13_10_09_3_38_44.jpg

I have been receiving a $20.00 a month payment to allow the dealer to place their ad on my vehicle - you mean you let them put the sticker there for free?

I have the same opinion Wings. One thing that kind of annoys me is the dealership where I bought my boat sewed two large advertizing patches onto my boat cover. At the time I didn't care because I thought they gave me a good deal on the boat, but after having dealt with their service dept. I don't wish to give them free advertizment. If they would have asked me at the time of purchase if they could put them on, I would have said no. Lesson learned and passed to you folks who may be purchasing a new boat in the future.

Just posted a pic of my new used Jeep in another thread, I took the dealerships sticker and the license plate frame off about 30 seconds after I got home with it.

angry Bob said:
I have the same opinion Wings. One thing that kind of annoys me is the dealership where I bought my boat sewed two large advertizing patches onto my boat cover. At the time I didn't care because I thought they gave me a good deal on the boat, but after having dealt with their service dept. I don't wish to give them free advertizment. If they would have asked me at the time of purchase if they could put them on, I would have said no. Lesson learned and passed to you folks who may be purchasing a new boat in the future.

My boat has a small dealership sticker on each side of the boat (port & stbd quarters), plus a couple on the trailer. I've thought about removing them, but their dealership is family-owned and has a great service dept, so I don't mind the decals. If you're near Rockport, IN, checkout Tyler Boats, Inc. 8)

https://tylerboats.net

I used a pressure washer at the local car wash to remove the dealership sticker from my last two vehicles and then WD40 to remove the rest of the adhesive. I asked them if they wanted to buy their license plate frame back and they said they did not, so I threw that away.

I have a history of removing all dealer decals off my auto's, It looks tacky, I think a Truck or car looks great with no decals.

exception would be a 69 camaro or 70 plymouth cuda 8)

I generally take their silly little ad stickers off on their lot just after purchase and before driving away, unless of course they are willing to take another couple grand off the price for renting the ad space on my vehicle.

i always take them off too.

i worked at a small dealer/repair shop threw highschool. i rember anytime i was working on a car one of the salesman would always come replace the stickers if they were torn, faded, or missing if he had sold them the vehicle. i rember always thinking how pissed id be if that were my rig

We've got a magnetic flag over the stickers/emblems on all our vehicles.

mines on my bumper. everyone should have one :wink: .. well unless you drive a japanese car :LOL2: (j/k)