Balck Friday... Finally Over!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
Well in an effort to keep momma happy, I agreed to go shopping with her this morning. For some reason getting out of bed at 3:00am to go shopping at Wal-Mart was not as fun as it is when you are going fishin. However, I struck up a pretty good deal with her, as I went to Wal-Mart with her and in exchange I got to go to BassPro today and I get to go fishing all day tomorrow. :wink: After my Black Friday Wal-Mart experience, I am now convinced that we have been going about the war in Iraq all wrong. I think the easiest way to get Bin Laden would be to tell all of the ladies that were out this morning that he had taken all the Black Friday merchandise from Wally World and was holding it in his cave. I feel extremely confident that we would have him apprehended (and probably beaten) within a matter of minutes... :LOL2:

The bargins at Wal-Mart were very good, we loaded up on kids clothes, games, DVDs and other items that were on the Christmas list. Of note, we did luck up and find a 12MP Kodak Easyshare Camera for $69. I ended up getting two, one for my oldest son for Christmas and one for myself to take on my fishing trips (I upgraded from my 4MP I've had for years now.) So far it takes really great shots. I'll put it to the real test tomorrow. If any of you are in need of a good camera, below is a link to the item. Although, the website says "Sold Out", I was able to find them late this afternoon at my local WM. You have to ask for them in the photo department.

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13072481

After that, we caught breakfast at Chikfila and headed to BPS. It was busy too but not even close to the madness at WM. I was able to pick up a set of Frog Toggs for my oldest son which were on sale for $29. This sale is going on all weekend, so grab them while you can. Below is a link to them. We also picked up some BPS Hoodies and Fleece for the kids and I got myself a pair of Red Head jeans for $10.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/..._91091_625011000_625000000_625011000_625-11-0

So now I am home and getting ready to hit the water in the a.m. Hopefully the fish will bite. Either way it will just be good to get out on the water with my dad tomorrow. I'll post a full report.

God Bless & Good Fishing!

What a great plan... I did the stuff the face till ya can't eat no more thing.... several times....And yes turkey does have something in it that makes ya sleepy :lol: ... And yes I am going fishing tomorrow too and I didn't get a new camera ...So if i catch anything it will be the same old arms length cell fone pics for me :p ....I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday and God bless you all....JIGGY

It's a good plan about Osama. He wouldn't stand a chance. My mom used to come to visit me on the bus. When I took her to the bus depot for her return trip I witnessed another amazing force of nature. All the older women wanted to sit right behind the driver because it was the safest place to be. They would take out anyone in their way to get those front seats. Maybe if the combination of these two forces could be tapped we'd have a safer world. Then, after they've crushed Osama, we could tell them that the Iranian nuclear sites are actually stockpiling WMart merch. We'd find out pretty quickly where the power really lies...

BassAddict said:
One pre thanksgiving trip to walmart to pickup some odds n ends reminded me of why I tend to avoid the stores till January 1st. No biggie tho, I do most of my shopping online anyhow

X2, I hate crowds that Big!! I still won't forget what they did to that Temp person last year.

I did some black friday shopping too. Sent an order to Bluewater LED. Couch wasn't very crowded and the line was short. :mrgreen: =D>

I got the same camera. We were on vacation in Texas and our old camera bit the dust the second day. Good timing for that special! Camera seems to work great when I choose the settings. When on auto, it sometimes chooses some weird settings, like infinity focus when in a low lit area.