Captain Ahabs new fishing shoes!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:LOL2:
https://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_Sprint_m.cfm

large.jpg

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: That's the ugliest feet I have ever seen on a woman.... :shock: OOPS sorry thats Ahab's feet......................Never Mind...................Jiggy

Several of my track/cross country friends say these are extremely comfortable running in (not in meets, but during practice, training at home, etc.). Supposedly they're really good for you too and maximize running efficiency... Although for the shoes I put on my feet, I don't think comfort will ever outweigh aesthetics (or lack thereof)! Well, not to this degree at least. :mrgreen:

Almost all the personal trainers and staff at the gym I worked out at during the summer wore these too :p

It looks like the Capt. shaves his legs. :sick: I guess it makes him faster when he is swimming after those fish.

SMDave said:
Several of my track/cross country friends say these are extremely comfortable running in (not in meets, but during practice, training at home, etc.). Supposedly they're really good for you too and maximize running efficiency...

Really?

They don't look like they have enough support and would be pretty rough on you for running.

Quackrstackr said:
Really?

They don't look like they have enough support and would be pretty rough on you for running.

:? I'm not too sure, never tried. But that's what a lot of my track/xc friends say and they probably know what they're talking about! Oh well, not planning on getting a pair anytime soon - I'll stay with my Asics :D

SMDave said:
:? I'm not too sure, never tried. But that's what a lot of my track/xc friends say and they probably know what they're talking about! Oh well, not planning on getting a pair anytime soon - I'll stay with my Asics :D

I was thinking more along the lines of a birthday gift for the wife, she runs. If you see me running, you might want to seek cover because there's a grizzly bear following close behind. :lol:

Quackrstackr said:
SMDave said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a birthday gift for the wife, she runs. If you see me running, you might want to seek cover because there's a grizzly bear following close behind. :lol:

I just read on another forum that originally posted those goofy shoes.............

"Mike, My brother swore by those freaky looking things. He ran a 5k in them, couldn't walk for a week and then peeled sheet blisters off his feet."

Jim said:
I just read on another forum that originally posted those goofy shoes.............

"Mike, My brother swore by those freaky looking things. He ran a 5k in them, couldn't walk for a week and then peeled sheet blisters off his feet."

Thank you, sir.

She ran a half marathon at Virginia Beach last year and the punishment that her feet took in a good pair of running shoes was fairly significant.

I would never hear the end of it if I bought her a pair of shoes that didn't work as advertised.

Latest posts