IE trouble?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Been having a problem the last two days of my IE internet freezing on me. Its updated.

So basicly after I've been on the net a few minutes it wants to freeze up on me, I click anything to move forward and it just quits? I go to refresh it and that won't work? But if I hit the back button it will go back no problem?

I have ZApro, ZAforcfield, AVG, MalwareBytes and AdvanceWindow care, I've updated and used every tool I have to find the problem with no luck. I use Advance window care for clean up and tune up, Malware and scanned, ran AVG but nothen?

I shut down all ZA apps, and I thought it worked but it came back again? also when I open more than one IE windows it happens faster.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the firefox offer but that is not the answere, I tried that for about 4 months and I had the worse service ever, everyday I had an issue with it and finally took it off.

bcricth I updated two days ago when this all started, I have updated everything I can think of to try and fix this issue. I had to redo this post cause it got stuck again :roll:

Try doing a System Restore back to before the problem started.

Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and select a restore point you are certain is prior to the problem beginning. Do the restore, reboot the system and see if that corrects the problem. If not, you can always revert the system back using System Restore and be no worse for the wear.

https://support.microsoft.com/ph/13418#tab0

Here are some support articles you can review. It does mention an AVG issue.

If all else fails remove IE8 and go back to 7. There may be some unknown issues out there.

bcritch said:

If all else fails remove IE8 and go back to 7. There may be some unknown issues out there.

You know im thinking its avg or zonealarm pro updates, but how do you remove the ie 8 and get the ie 7 back?

Oh DocW, I did try the restore and it did not fix.

FishingBuds said:
bcritch said:

You know im thinking its avg or zonealarm pro updates, but how do you remove the ie 8 and get the ie 7 back?

Oh DocW, I did try the restore and it did not fix.

I'll tell ya what I did, I uninsulated my ZoneAlarm Pro and AVG 9.0

went back and loaded up the old versions and so far so good, Thanks again bcritch, I read that AVG 9.0 had some issues and also on another forum a recent ZApro update was messin with windows so I did what I did and again so far so good

Now I'm concerned about the updates again , Don't wanna go thru this stuff again but its gotta update sometime, any ideas on what to do better?

Updates are usually the cause of sudden onset issues like this if it's not a virus. I'd wait a week or two and check the products forums for news about them fixing the problems with the updates. Problems are usually known about and being worked on after the initial release of the updates.

Latest posts