Bass Pro Shops: The Strike

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought it just before Thanksgiving when we went to Santa's Wonderland. I don't think it's too bad. The XBox rod controller is better than the Wii one, IMO. The reel crank turns the joystick on the Wii nunchuck, and it's not a perfect system, esp. when your one yr. old chewed up the joystick a little bit. Casting is harder than **** at first. When we had family over, I had to cast it for everyone. I also don't like how the game has to be set to the B configuration just to use the reel handle. I have to remember to switch it every time I start it up, or I start to drive the boat with the reel handle.
Also, in tourney mode, I don't like being down a 50lb striper 2 min in...

It has good graphics, and the boat is fun to drive. Overall, you should be happy with it.

Matt

My wife tried to order it for me for x-mas but it was sold out. I've been serching for it on the internet but only been seeing them on e-bay around the 100 dollar range for the bundle pack. :shock: wasn't it going for 40 dollars? I even drove to the BPS in Harrisburg PA new years eve, (not for the game but to spend some christmas money on some new stuff :wink: ) and all they had was just the game. No bundle pack. I would rather have the rod then trying to use the controller and nunchuck.

njTom said:
My wife tried to order it for me for x-mas but it was sold out. I've been serching for it on the internet but only been seeing them on e-bay around the 100 dollar range for the bundle pack. :shock: wasn't it going for 40 dollars? I even drove to the BPS in Harrisburg PA new years eve, (not for the game but to spend some christmas money on some new stuff :wink: ) and all they had was just the game. No bundle pack. I would rather have the rod then trying to use the controller and nunchuck.

amazon.com tom!

I got it for Christmas, and took it back the next day. They should have put a fish finder in it so you could search for bass. If you want to just drive, park and fish, its ok but all I got were stripers. Bored after the first hour. target had tons of them 50.00

We got it for Christmas and my youngest son(11yrs old) and I have had fun playing it. We tossed the rod, very aggrivating and just use the controller and nunchuck. When in the tourneys you need to fish the buoys.

Hey BA
I am sure by now you received the game and had time to try it out since your taking a break from making baits :) . Would like to know your thoughts on it. Worth the purchase?

njTom said:
Hey BA
I am sure by now you received the game and had time to try it out since your taking a break from making baits :) . Would like to know your thoughts on it. Worth the purchase?

The game itself is Ok, nothing spectacular but then again nothing to really complain about. To me it just seamed like it was rushed to market and could have been a whole lot better. The rod on the other hand IMO is junk, my biggest complaint is it does not give a smooth reeling action, rather you get a 'click' feeling from where the reel seat rubs up against the nunchuck (this click also marks the chuck up slightly) on every reel turn. I paid 50 for this bundle but id break it down this way............ 25-30 for the game sure, but the POS rod isnt worth 5 bucks.

BassAddict said:
njTom said:
Hey BA

The game itself is Ok, nothing spectacular but then again nothing to really complain about. To me it just seamed like it was rushed to market and could have been a whole lot better. The rod on the other hand IMO is junk, my biggest complaint is it does not give a smooth reeling action, rather you get a 'click' feeling from where the reel seat rubs up against the nunchuck (this click also marks the chuck up slightly) on every reel turn. I paid 50 for this bundle but id break it down this way............ 25-30 for the game sure, but the POS rod isnt worth 5 bucks.

:LOL2:
Today I celebrated my 35th Birthday and guess what my wife (wonderful woman) surprised me with?

Attachments

• th_100_2116.jpg
    th_100_2116.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 526

Latest posts