So I did it

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
I cancelled all the movie channels (starz/HBO/ etc.) on my cable/satelite and pay 8.99 a month for NetFlix :D

So far I've been happy with it, If I stay on it I could watch around 8 or 10 movies a month?

I like that it profiles you on your style of movies, anyone else do the netflix?

we did the same thing...Got tired of watching the same movies for a month or 2 .....and saved some major bucks doing it...JIGGY...Plus you can go to Netflix web site and watch a ton of movies free

jigster60 said:
we did the same thing...Got tired of watching the same movies for a month or 2 .....amd saved some major bucks doing it...JIGGY...Plus you can go to Netflix web site and watch a ton of movies free

yep forgot to mention that.

I can't hook the computer up to my TV(wouldn't be practicle) but the wife is up to letting me get a bigger LCD moniter just for this :D She's loven the Netflix

Netflix is great

But don't forget about HULU.com - free tv with one commercial per commercial break. Very nice and great to find some shows on. Download the hulu desktop client - much, much easier to use than their website. Hulu has the last 5 episodes of the current tv shows and usually all seasons of the cancelled shows.

Netflix TV is pretty fun to watch. My kids like the old Knight Rider and Buck Rogers episodes. You can watch all of some of the older series of TV shows AT YOUR CONVENIENCE! Some TV shows (like heros) is on shortly after the live version.

Also, Netflix and Hulu are getting better at their video. On my TV, it is slightly less quality than a DVD, MUCH better than standard definition broadcast. Just yesterday my wife had House on and I could not tell the difference between the Hulu broadcast and HD broadcast. 8)

I only buy the family plan from Dish Network ($25 - no espn :( )

Anything I really want to see that isn't available from these is downloaded from .... well some site from another country. :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah I got a 22 inch Monitor and its almost like watching Netflix movies on a TV....JIGGY

Don't watch enough TV to make any of the premium channels pay for themselves. The wife and I have pretty much a set TV schedule that we watch, but now that SOA is done, Tuesday night is open again.... :-(

Netflix is awesome. I don't think I will ever watch a series live again, not when you can make it fit YOUR schedule instead of theirs, pause it when you want, for a meal or a week, and no more waiting a week or a season break to find out who shot J.R.!

Latest posts