New Years Resolutions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
It's time folks. Let's hear em!

I myself and going out on a limb here and am going to attempt the impossible. I am going to try The workout called "Insanity". :LOL2: I figure it is only 60 days. I am hovering at the 230 mark and need to get down to 200. That is my short term goal. And If I cant keep up with it, I will continue to diet and exercise like I have been all year.

I made a resolution over 30 years ago not to make any more New Year resolutions. It's the only resolution I've ever kept. 8)

A two part resolution - I will get down to <200 lbs (at 220ish now).

AND

Work on my legs to jump higher - want to jump off two feet and still touch 10 feet two handed 5 consecutive one step jumps. I had that resolution in summer and was headed there, but got ambitious and hurt a knee (because of the weight issue).

So Part 1 - drop the weight
Part 2 - work on the legs
(Part 3 - Crush the kids who forget to respect old men playing volleyball - caught one in the face last night, so I'm getting there)

Jim said:
and................................................I am going to refocus in making TinBoats a better site. I have slacked a little bit. :D

About time!

And am going to loose weight, fish smarter ( I just fish a whole lot now, sometimes not to smart) and get my son to learn to cast and reel (he is 16 months old and about time he started casting himself, talking can wait))

I made a resolution this year...I lost 40 pounds in 2009 and men my knees can really feel the difference ...So 2010 resolution is too keep it off this time ...So Chocolate is banned from this house [-X [-X .....God be with you all >>>>JIGGY

Just think how much extra tackle you could bring in the boat if you dropped 30 lbs. :D I'm with ya I want start jogging and get the cholesteral under control. Maybe peel 20 off the gut in the process.

Captain Ahab said:
And I am going to ....... and get my son to learn to cast and reel (he is 16 months old and about time he started casting himself, talking can wait))
Yeah... talking is highly over rated. :LOL2: As long as he can dig worms (I hear he eats as many as he puts in the can) and cast, he's practically prepubescent. :roll:

You go Dave !!! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :wink: :wink:

I haven't really ever made a resolution. Guess I will try to do what I do every year. Live a better life, do better at my job and get promoted and strive to be a better husband.

of course do better with my hunting and fishing wouldn't hurt either...... :lol:

I am going to spend less time buying fishing tackle and spend more time fishing! :mrgreen:

ACarbone624 said:
I am going to spend less time buying fishing tackle and spend more time fishing! :mrgreen:
I dont think so Ant, your hooked,-------- get it, hooked, fishen? :LOL2:

I am going to start working out and finally lose my weight the right way. I have tried a bunch of diets and done some walking, but lose the weight then gain it back. I also plan to work up to run a mini marathon we have here... we'll see :mrgreen:

DocWatson said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
my resolution is to work less and play more :D

i dont know how long ill make it
Until the bell rings at the end of recess, of course !!! :wink:
lmao,lmao,lmao,lmao(breathe)lmao,lmao,lmao

I started my resolution a little early, quit smoking, and getting back into shape (shed off 20lbs)

I don't make resolutions but told my self I was going to catck more fish and loose a few pounds.
Well 01/01/10 I starded with 4 hours of sleep and got 2 steelhead. Started off right

Latest posts