Site Slow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACarbone624

Reaction score
Why is the site so darn slow today?.....and earlier I couldn't even log on. #-o

Mine isn't slow but the template is all jacked up.

Also picking on "view active topics" tells me that there are no active topics in the last 7 days. :?:

Earlier when I clicked on "View new posts".....it said that there wasn't any, but when I looked through the forum, there were new posts! #-o

I'm getting the same thing with the 'View Active Topics' which scared me because I thought the site might have been hacked. Must just me a glitch or something.

Quackrstackr said:
Mine isn't slow but the template is all jacked up.

Also picking on "view active topics" tells me that there are no active topics in the last 7 days. :?:

We did an update on the software and went from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 While that was going on that's when you noticed the slowness. Should all be good now. This was a big update, lots of bug fixes and a few enhancements.

Jim said:
We did an update on the software and went from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 While that was going on that's when you noticed the slowness. Should all be good now. This was a big update, lots of bug fixes and a few enhancements.

Thanks Jim! :mrgreen:

Geez Charlie, stop hogging the whole site for yourself... :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

ACarbone624 said:
Geez Charlie, stop hogging the whole site for yourself... :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
I think that happened when I was messen wit that extra cord :LOL2:

Jim said:
2nd page of smilies work now :beer: \:D/

okay, so what am I doing wrong? The 'View active topics' link which I use 99.9% of the time still returns no posts. Do I need to clean out my browser cache or something?

poolie said:
okay, so what am I doing wrong? The 'View active topics' link which I use 99.9% of the time still returns no posts. Do I need to clean out my browser cache or something?

This is the result I get - "No suitable matches were found."

ACarbone624 said:
poolie said:

Whew... and there for a minute I thought I'd killed off too many brain cells last night :shock:

poolie said:
ACarbone624 said:
poolie said:

Whew... and there for a minute I thought I'd killed off too many brain cells last night :shock:

:LOL2:

I've discovered that 'Active Topics' is working as designed now. Here's what I saw on the phpBB support forum:

Actually, it is now working even better than before. Before, there was a bug in phpBB that Active Topics was always enabled for all forums, regardless of the actual setting, which was No by default. In 3.0.6, this bug has been fixed, meaning that you can now choose whether you want to have a forum in Active Topics or not, so you can exclude certain forums. A disadvantage of this new fix is that in forums which have been using the Active Forums feature without actually enabling it, now don't display any topics anymore.

You need to enable it for each forum manually under the Forums tab now, to get it back as it has been working in 3.0.5 and lower, or enabling it for all forums at once by running this query...

Latest posts