Japan's Kurita ties for world record largemouth bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
What does everyone think? Personally, I'm happy for the fella. I just wish it was caught on an artificial lure and not live bait. George Perry's stood for a long time and still kinda does I guess.

Yes, it was introduced for some reason or another. It really pains me to say this especially being from GA but regardless of the what the IGFA Kurita's fish is bigger. If I were fishing a tourney and was in the lead for the big fish caught that day and another angler caught one .97 oz bigger than mine, he would win plain and simple.

:twisted: Well at least we know the weight is accurate. I'm not so sure about the weight of George Perry's fish. Either way both bass are massive!!

Pig fish for sure. We know for a fact there are bigger bass...Dottie?

I am not sure I agree with the 2 ounce rule. I think the weight at the time of the certified weigh in is what it should be and there should be no "tie".

I agree that the tie thing is sort of a cop out. I'm glad that to a see a record regardless of location and technique but could you imagine the endorsement $$ if it was on an artificial! I think we'll see that record broken in California in the next 5 years.

I hope a bigger one is caught in the ole USA soon, however I think the 2 ounce thing is bogus!!!! If it weighs more it weighs more it should be the record all by itself.

I wish George Perry's record would stand forever. Just a poor fella going out, getting his lure bitten off by a pickerel then getting it back after the fish threw it. Then he went on to catch a world record bass that has stood for this long.

I used to hate the fact that the record was going to be broken in CA, but I'd rather have it broken in the US than in Japan..

Latest posts