I've noticed/ UPDATE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingBuds

Reaction score
Now this is not a run down, therefor I won't name the sites but,

Their is two other sites (for fishing) that I frequent alot besides good ol'tinboats, and just in the past 3 months they have turned out to be terrible to visit, its Not a member issue, its the darn site, one is so slow that its just not worth the time anymore, they said they was fixing it but now their done and its still the same for me at home or work. the other site will freeze on me at work and home alot, and they did admit and have a bug get thru recently and affect a few members, so its a trust thing now?

Why is it happening is it support from the web carrier or something, maybe Jim could pipe in for me, is there something I can do on my computer to help or is it all them?

It could be a combination of both. If they run allot of adds(google ads) and run analytics for site statistics, this take a performance hit on the server. If they are a huge site(10,000+) members they really should be on their own dedicated server.

Bugpac said:
Is one of them a tackle related site, If so i am having a problem there as well, 25 minutes to type my email addy in a pm...

TU? That site drives me nuts. It's too busy, has too much going on in my opinion, and yes they are always slow.

Bugpac said:
Is one of them a tackle related site, If so i am having a problem there as well, 25 minutes to type my email addy in a pm...

yes, you can tell it is, hardly no one gets back to ya on answeres, seems

FishingBuds said:
Bugpac said:

the lack of replies is just cause of the clique-ish nature of TU, that and everyone does not wanna give help to up and coming bait makers who one day might become their competition

BassAddict said:
FishingBuds said:
Bugpac said:

the lack of replies is just cause of the clique-ish nature of TU, that and everyone does not wanna give help to up and coming bait makers who one day might become their competition

I agree BA, I hate that mentality. People who join obviously go to learn and ask questions. There will always be those that are afraid someone will come along and steal their ideas and millions.

man I think I got a virus from that one site, thats nameless but here it goes. My internet will not let me on more sites now and it won't let me do a windows update, says can't find the site, anyone know what virus Im talking about and have fixes for me?? My mal=ware and antivirus is updated that I know, but who knows it might be affecting that, Im told sometimes it does.

well anyway,,,, HELP

FishingBuds said:
man I think I got a virus from that one site, thats nameless but here it goes. My internet will not let me on more sites now and it won't let me do a windows update, says can't find the site, anyone know what virus Im talking about and have fixes for me?? My mal=ware and antivirus is updated that I know, but who knows it might be affecting that, Im told sometimes it does.

well anyway,,,, HELP

Did you try going to microsoft.com then going to windows update through there?

You got the "better stick with TinBoats.net virus" Good one to get.

Try uninstalling your browser, then reinstall from an earlier backup point - then go get the updates.

I would just change browser to Firefox

Captain Ahab said:
You got the "better stick with TinBoats.net virus" Good one to get.

Try uninstalling your browser, then reinstall from an earlier backup point - then go get the updates.

I would just change browser to Firefox

Didn't think of the Captain, I'll try that out.

I fixed my home computer with these procedures https://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware-Spyware-Cleaning-Guide-t2852.html so Im gonna try my work computer tomorrow [-o<

Well this is all I can say. It won't work on my work computer. windows update still will not load, it says lost connection, I also whent to go thru the procedure to clean Malware -the TFC will not load, it just sits there alsmost done, I tried to load FIreFox to see If I could get by and load TFC that way and FF did the same thing, it just sits there not loading.

I have AVG, Malware Anti-malware as tools and they will update but claim to not find anything. I believe I have 0ffice 2000.

I use Avira Antivir prsonal edition. Its free and it keeps my pc running good. You might try installing it and let it scan your pc and see if it detects anything. Just google antivir and download it.

FishingBuds said:
Well this is all I can say. It won't work on my work computer. windows update still will not load, it says lost connection, I also whent to go thru the procedure to clean Malware -the TFC will not load, it just sits there alsmost done, I tried to load FIreFox to see If I could get by and load TFC that way and FF did the same thing, it just sits there not loading.

I have AVG, Malware Anti-malware as tools and they will update but claim to not find anything. I believe I have 0ffice 2000.
Get Ccleaner and clean the crap off your system (cCleaner was originally called "Crap Cleaner" but they changed the name when it went commercial. :wink:). Then get a copy of SpywareBlaster to help prevent these types of infections. It's free and runs in the background. All you have to do is update it weekly.

I seem to recall that you have Firefox installed, are you trying to access Windows update with that ?? If so, that is likely the problem. Firefox can't DL Windows updates unless you have IEtab installed.

If none of this helps, you might have to try to identify what has hold of your system before I can suggest any other possible solutions. You might also try doing a System Restore to a time before the problem started. But that's a long shot.

Thanks Doc, I ended up loading this https://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/ andit helped me get rid of the issues, so I ended up putting this on my home computer as well. Our whole network at work actually ended up invected so the boss is doing something better for it, but I don't know what.

there has been some real mean stuff going around in the spyware dept. I had it a few weeks ago, took the local techi, 2 weeks of chasing and fixing to get it but he finely did. I run two programs live at all times when on the net and run at least 2 full scans a day. This is time consuming but worth it for the safty. I have Microsoft Esentials, spybot search and destroy, super adware, AVG, super antispy ware and I think one more. I alternate running them because they are all a bit different.

Latest posts