My wife threw down the gauntlet, and offering a NICE PRIZE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
A few weeks before Christmas, I was teasing my wife about what she bought me for a gift. For a few days I kept picking at her and asking her friend what she got me. She said she had to go out of town to get my present since it was hard to find in my area. They drove 3 hours two different times to get it. Well, I kept picking at her and teasing her about this item and it was something she knew that I have wanted for 20 years and I knew that there was one located near where she was going...

She finally came out and said " If you want that then you are going to have to get back down to a normal size again " She said would be OK with me getting it. I asked her many times if she would keep up her end of the deal and she says she will...I asked her friend to find out if he was tricking me and he found out she was serious about it.

Well, I have started dieting on 12-21-09 and as of this morning I have lost 20lbs just by watching my calorie intake. I have another 50 or 60 lbs to go until I hit my goal. When I hit my plateau in weight lose by dieting, I am going to start doing some workouts with a Biggest Loser DVD that I purchased. I have alsdo been thinking about getting a membership to a gym, but I dont want people to laugh at the fat guy so I doubt I will do that..

Well on to the reward. She told me that I could go and buy a 1981 or 1982 DeLorean car. Ya know, like the BTTF car and Doc Brown? But mine wont have a flux capacitor or a Mr Fusion. I know where one is located with 2800 miles on it, and still has plastic on the seats and it's sitting at a dealership showroom about 2 hours from my home. I will see if I can snatch that one, IF i can hit my goal. One can also be purchased from https://www.Delorean.com which sells refurbished Deloreans and also can build a brand new 1982 Delorean from NOS parts that they have in the warehouse. I have been finding decent drivers with little or no work needed for around 25k to 29k, I have also found some cheaper that need work. If I find a considerably lower priced car, I more than likely will have the car transported to DMC in TX to have it gone over, and repairs made. I would eventually add a turbo to it and other performance mods since the car is lacking in power from what I have researched and read.

My wife says, any rabbit will go after a carrot, you just have to find the right carrot. For motivation, I found some of the new 2010 Delorean DMC-12 Hot Wheels car ( # 15-44 ) and I have 2 at my desk at work, one in the fridgerator to remind me not to snack or just look because I am bored. I also bought a 1:18 scale diecast model of the Delorean and I have a Delorean picture as the wallpaper on my Iphone

Hopefully I can pull my end of the deal. I have tried to diet in the past and always have trouble...

If anyone has any good low calorie recipes, 20 min home workout plans and other inspirational tips, please post them for me.

Please wish me luck!

Attachments

• 18Pd2A-d8251355076e784138011fa2c9361cf6.jpg
    18Pd2A-d8251355076e784138011fa2c9361cf6.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 879
I do three sets of maximum effort push-ups and three sets of maximum effort crunches every morning. When I say max effort, I mean to failure, rest and go again.

Wow! I'll be rootin for ya Cyber and hope to see you driving it someday. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

gunny146 said:
I do three sets of maximum effort push-ups and three sets of maximum effort crunches every morning. When I say max effort, I mean to failure, rest and go again.

I squat 365 for 8 reps.

BOOM

lol, thats the washed up powerlifter talking... I don't have what it takes to cut fat.. only to build muscle.. Guess its a good problem to have :wink:

Jim said:
300 calories every 3 hours, 5-6 times per day. Eat what you want, don't go over 300. Works for me, down to 220.

I may have to try that when what I am doing doesnt work anymore. My trouble is, it would be hard for me to do that while I am at work...

And one day every 2-3 weeks, eat what you want and don't worry about counting calories. Just don't go super crazy. I find this "Shocks" the body and then you continue losing the poundage. Once back on track.

There's nothing like being the fat guy at the gym. The eyecandy is incentive not to stop working out too soon, and you push yourself harder... or so I hear :mrgreen:

At least that's at the one gym here. The other one, by work, just a bunch of heavy people sitting on machines.

BTW - what the tow rating with the turbo installed :LOL2:

I dont have room at the house for a workbench or anything and I never really have been the "sporty" type that goes and plays ball or just run forrest run for the fun of it.. I started gaining weight slowly about 10 years ago, always telling myself I have to do something about it but never did. I really wish I would have dieted with my wife after she had our 3rd child, it's hard to diet alone when your spouse doesnt need to. She has been very good to me so far, by helping me fix meals that are low calorie and cooking at home more instead of going out twice a week like we used to do.

Since I had hip surgery a couple years ago due to avascular necrosis in my hips, I really need some type of low impact routine that I can do 20 min. a day before I go to bed. They say in a few more years, I may need hip replacements. I dont want to do anything rough that might hurt the joints or stress fracture a hip bone..

cyberflexx said:
Jim said:
300 calories every 3 hours, 5-6 times per day. Eat what you want, don't go over 300. Works for me, down to 220.

I may have to try that when what I am doing doesnt work anymore. My trouble is, it would be hard for me to do that while I am at work...

If I can pull it off in school, you can pull it off at work :wink:

Its all about preparation. It takes some time the night before, but when you plan everything out, you're not left to guess how many calories are in X food. Look into a good casein protein powder. Most of them are pretty palatable, and provide you with a healthy snack thats ready to go anytime. Hardboiled eggs, sandwiches on healthy bread, and yogurt are good as well.

The main object is to try to get majority of your calories from protein, as opposed to carbs or fat. While I realize you're not trying to pack on muscle, eating quality protein ensures you're getting your calories from the right places.

Just make sure you never go hungry. Even if the meal is around 100 calories, it'll keep your metabolism going. Believe it or not, starving is the bast way to lose muscle and keep fat, because when your body goes into starvation mode it tries to hold onto fat because it doesnt know when your next meal will be (conserving energy). Sounds like a myth, but believe me, its not.

dyeguy1212 said:
cyberflexx said:
Just make sure you never go hungry. Even if the meal is around 100 calories, it'll keep your metabolism going. Believe it or not, starving is the bast way to lose muscle and keep fat, because when your body goes into starvation mode it tries to hold onto fat because it doesnt know when your next meal will be (conserving energy). Sounds like a myth, but believe me, its not.

Agree!

Burn the fat feed the muscle. Great PDF if anyone wants it.

Cyber,

Sounds like you have put some good reminders in front of you to stay focused. Keep us posted on your progress, we'll be your support group. Remember it didn't get that way overnight. So, Keep Charging.

Doug

OH yeah! I'm down another 4 pounds, 2 yesterday and 2 again this morning. I think I might have found my sweet spot on this diet and its really not that bad. This is what I have been doing.

I been playing this diet as a game that I am going to beat myself at. Normally you take 10 to 15 min. to eat lunch, your body doesnt care what it tastes like, only your tongue, so If i can get the same ol salad everyday ( which Im getting burnt out on) past my taste buds for 10 to 15 min, ( stopping to drink in between bites ), my stomach will be satisfied, I wont feel hungry until later in the day.

This was the meal plan that I used for the past 2 days to drop 4pounds

Morning: After 9am
Little Green Apple approx 100 Cals
33oz of water till lunch

Lunch around 12:30pm
Salad Mix ( half a bag ) approx 25 cals
2 organic Celery Sticks approx 40 cals
5 organic baby carrots approx 35 cals
Approx 6 TBS on Lite Kraft Italian approx 45 cals
33oz of water 10 cal flavor packet
and another 33oz of water until time to go home

Dinner: Around 7pm
Foot Long Subway Black Forrest Ham on Wheat 580 cals
Provolone Cheese approx 80 cals
Spicy Mustard approx 20 cals?
Lettuce, Cucumbers, Ban Peppers, Pickles, tons of black pepper
Diet Coke

No more eating before bed, just cold glasses of water

So I been having around 1000 calories per day and not really feeling hungry at all and for 2 days straight I have lost 2 pounds per day for a total of 4.

I wont be able to try this tonight to see if I get results for another day since my wife and I are going out by ourselves ( without the kids) to dinner. I plan on not eating much for lunch so I can eat small portion of what I want for dinner. I'll try to keep it around 1500 cals. This might help shock the matabolizm (sp?) to work harder and maybe burn a little more fat away...

Oh another thing I do is, since I have 3 kids, I go to the store about 3 times a week to get needed items. I go to Walmart and use it as my indoor walk track. I will make long detours through the deptments to give me more walk distance and when the shopping cart gets full, I will make a couple laps around the store while pushing the full load. This is just another game I play to win this war I am fighting. I think I am going to start taking walks in my neighborhood after work on days that are warmer no rain and no ice on the street. Suppose to be 50 on Saturday, I should go fishing, but.....I got goals to meet..

One more thing is we have chili, soup, spaghetti at home, I have cut my portions and when I want to go back for seconds, I make sure my 1st isnt totally gone and I dont get a full 2nd portion, only a half. This way my mind knows I had more, my brain thinks I am having more but I really am not. Sort of like smoke and mirror game with myself.

My wife tells me I am losing my personality to this diet and always talking about how many calories are in everything I eat and talking about the mind games that I play with myself to beat this. She is the one who turned me into the monster by offering up the Delorean for when I real my goal..

I think my progress is kick-*** so far.

Please give me some feedback..........

Just my .02

Your calories are too low and you will plateau. At that rate you are losing muscle along with some fat.

Don't weigh yourself too often. It will fluctuate and you will get discouraged(Water retention).

I applaud your effort man! :beer:

Latest posts