YOUTUBE Video Submission Contest Interest Poll

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can/Will the youtube contest work?

• Yes This is a cool idea!

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • No, This will not work!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, No time, No interest.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No, I'm scared of cameras!

• Yes, I'm ready for Hollywood!

• Total voters

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Is there interest in a member youtube video submission contest?

I am thinking a 2 minute video of you fishing your favorite technique to be judged by your peers. In the video you must show off your favorite technique, how and when to fish it and show us how it's done.

This will allow us to associate an ugly mug with a name :LOL2: This could be fun. A Bill Dance style submission without the bloopers, Being on a TinBoat and catching a fish on video while talking about your favorite technique would be a plus.

Obviously this would be during the late Spring/summer.

Any better ideas, do not hesitate to fire away. Worst case I say no! :LOL2:

Prize to be determined! 8)

Good idea, but are you providing the camera? :mrgreen:

My submission would have to be an old fashioned cartoon sketch book that somebody could film and upload. :lol:

moreheadsaebass said:
sounds like a great idea Jim. I will do it.

Ditto.

Wish I had one of those nice looking rods to show off too :)

Do you get extra points for catching fish while doing the demonstration? I mean, my technique is effective, and I'm assuming you'll show a cast or two. I'd hate to go over the 2 minutes because I was fighting a 5lb bass.

8)

well I just got a flip video camera for xmas and was planning on filming some stuff anyway. only problem is i'm not in tin :cry:

yeah but my tin boats are in Ill. I was planning on filming some of the Lowrance structure scan stuff along with my underwater camera.
I also have one of those small radio controlled fishing boats well 3 of them.. we plan on having a radio controlled boat tournament next summer should be fun

Good idea... only problem would be with the overlap of techniques, and someone getting show'ed up :lol:

I don't have a camera capable of more than a minute or two, but I'd still like to try it... maybe the library will rent me a camera (as long as I don't mention the possibility of it getting dropped in the lake...)

Great idea, Jim! For those of us who do not have a specifc "technique", would a video of multiple repetitive casts & retrieves dragging a plastic worm through the water for 2 minutes count, lol? :)

Waterwings said:
Great idea, Jim! For those of us who do not have a specifc "technique", would a video of multiple repetitive casts & retrieves dragging a plastic worm through the water for 2 minutes count, lol? :)

I've actually been wanting to learn how to do that.. post up a video asap!

Oh wait.. that post summed it up. :p

Does it have to be fishing?
Could it be duck hunting out of a tin boat?

Great idea, Only problem with me, my video will be more like the Bill Dance Bloopers and not the show..... :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Well I like to walk that dog. (as im sure alot of us do) I had planed on making a few video's anyway this spring to show where my stepson and I fish, and what we use. So this will just add fuel to the fire of trying to not be on the bloopers vid when the contest is over. LOL

I have been burning up the phones lining up my production I am thinking a 3 camera shoot in 3D you will need to get your own glasses.
The boom crane is already heading to the pond to be ready...