What's your list of things to do in the offseason

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Since the weather still seams too cold to fish (here anyway) what's on your list to do before fishing picks up again? Maybe by reading your list, I'll be reminded of something else to do too :)

I moved the boat to the garage today and started a list of things to do before the bass season opens. Right now it includes:
  • purchase and install onboard charger,
  • re-arange battery boxes to adjust weight.
  • install cusioned seat (only driver has a seat now).
  • Probably expand the back deck a bit as well up to seats
  • figure out how to lockdown the 6gal gas tank
  • maybe move livewell to be more centered (its on left side now and when filled affects the load of the boat)

Will

Right now I am thinking of ways to mod the boat alittle more to my liking since last year was the first year I fished with it.
Maybe better seating for fishing partner while running outboard. Also there isn't alot of storage on my boat so I was thinking of adding some hatches with storage bins. I may also add a bilge, battery switch, and powermate anchor.

i didnt know there was a off season. LOL. just put another layer on and keep trucking. But i go through threw, then check some stuff.

I cant really work on the boat till it starts to warm up.

My only plans for the boat are (money permitting) a HP increase. the 6HP does just great but if I can find a deal on a larger outboard I will.

Here's my list.It's kind of small.

1)Replace the transducer on the trolling motor(the one I snapped of on a log at the river,on the last trip)
2)Shampoo the carpet and give it a real good cleaning.
3) Check and tighten all nuts,bolts and screws.
4) Install WeeVee Transducer Armor
That's all I need to do to the boat.

this off season is gonna be fun...
i have a few new toys to install

install power pole
install my new SS1 structure Scan module and transducer.
I also ordered i little tackle :wink: :wink: i need to organize that and get ready
I need a bigger garage

redbug said:
install my new SS1 structure Scan module and transducer.

I want one of those! Maybe when the prices come down and the technology gets even better. I'd hate to put electronics on the boat that cost twice as much as the boat itself :wink: (unless it sinks, and then I had just installed them if anyone's asking!)

Waterwings,that's a good idea.But,it was rigged with a transom mount adapted to fit the TM when I bought the boat.I'm going to install a TM trans.,the proper one.

Hey WW,thanks for pointing out the WeeVee.Checked it out ,now I have to go edit my other post.

S&MFISH said:
Waterwings,that's a good idea.But,it was rigged with a transom mount adapted to fit the TM when I bought the boat.I'm going to install a TM trans.,the proper one.

My transducer was mounted with a jury-rigged mount, which was probably prone to damage, but it now has a proper tm mount and the guard :) . A lot of rocks and even some cinder blocks (kids probably threw those in :roll: ) in the shallow water where I launch, so the guard gives me better peace of mind now. :)

Well since I have been back to work I have had really screwy hours so have not been able to get busy with the boat again, Although before I went back to work I did get he bottom patched and the new transom on.

I start a new schedule this evening so I will have a more stable sleep time again. Soooo… Here is the list…

Paint the boat,
Build the storage in the bow I want
Install the console I built for the switches and fish finder.
Add the carpet, re-install the seats, get it back on the trailer
Hopefully get the 4.5 motor runnen so I can get off the reservoirs and on to the lakes
Watch the weather channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts