new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caten in wv

Reaction score
i was makeing a deal on a 1436 flat bottom i looked at it a week or two ago when the snow was still on it had a fishfinder and was already decked things like that well i went yesterday to pick it up and gave it a good once over and found that fram of the deck was made out of steel angle iron and the transom board was gone when i looked at it the first time i couldent get the doors open to look under the deck and the transom was frozen so it was solod then i had my wife with me and she found that the drain in the back of the boat was busted and they left water in the livewell and it was busted the guy wanted 500.00 for the boat i told hin to come down some on the boat and even with all the work i would still take it but he wouldent come down any so we dident get it came home and was looking at the basspro site and found 2010 1436 tracker for 629.00 new so i think i am going to go with them the price of the tracker came down from 750.00from last year to the 629. this year not a bad buy i dont think =P~

That is the longest sentence I've ever read. :shock:

Sounds like you definitely made the right call not buying that other boat. If you decide on the one from BPS, you'd still need a trailer right? If they will offer you the VIP card as they are advertising right now, that may be a good deal. If you haven't seen the promotion, ask them about it. It entitles you to 10-20% off many items they sell for 2 years with any 2010 boat purchase. Just make sure to find out what is NOT included. Marine electronics is probably one not offered.

Knowing you'll be close to $700 out the door for just the hull, I'd still keep my eyes out. It's a buyers market right now, and deals abound if you can be patient finding them.

Good luck in your search.

Here's one in Clarksburg from yesterday I assume you saw.

$1,000
1991 14ft Jon Boat and trailer,trolling motor with battery, 3hp gasoline motor,portable fishfinder and more. 304-745-3565

i am going to call about the one in clarksburg in a bit just giveing them time to get up but it sounds like that is what i am looking for thanks for all the info

caten in wv said:
i am going to call about the one in clarksburg in a bit just giveing them time to get up but it sounds like that is what i am looking for thanks for all the info

Kewl.... Hope it's what you're looking for.

no i havent found any thing yet i am looking at a new trackor down south in huntington at a delear all the boats up on this side of the state is way to high

thats right they are 664 i wont know untill monday what the out the door price will be but i do know well i think anyway that if i order one from bass pro shop it will have to be sent to the delear but with no wv sales tax but i dont know if it will hurt me when i go get my plates for it

Are you dealing with the Great Outdoors? From what I have heard they take care of thier customers.(I have never had any personal experiance though)

I'm not sure if there is any boats around here for sale, I haven't been looking in years but I will start to keep my open for you. Just let me know if you find something so I won't keep looking...the wife might get aggevated if I find something else I would like to buy :D

yes i was but i found a dealer in wheeling that is giveing me agood deal a 1436 with a live well for 724.45 out the door it is a 2009 leftover a 2010 with out a livewell for the same price the saleswoman that i was dealing with treated me as good as if i was buying a 12000$ fishing boat she wasent pushy or trying to sell me anything i dident want just all in all good folks if i dont find anything used i think this is where i am going the place is called groves marine in wheeling wv 304-547-5044 i never met these folks but they shure seem like good mountain folks

Latest posts