Kids Fishing Tournament Sponsors Needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
Fellow TinBoaters,

Jim was gracious enough to let me post this here, and before I get too far along with the post.....let me say I've never tried to to ask anyone to donate to an event like this, so if my etiquette in asking isn't as professional as it should be, please don't let it affect your decision to contribute. :D

Two years ago, a friend (with the support of a few others) on one of our local sites here in GA decided to put together a kids fishing tournament appropriately named "The Mini-Me Classic" which was designed to get kids involved in a fishing event with their family. It was open to anyone who had a youngster in their lives that wanted to fish either from the bank, or in a boat on a small county reservoir in our area. Although the turnout was a little less than expected, it was by far the most memorable "tournament" I've ever competed in. And not just because my son and I are the DEFENDING CHAMPS :LOL2:

Every child that attended became a recipient of a baseball cap (donated by our local outdoor magazine) and a goodie bag filled with all sorts of fishing tackle/lures donated by Bass Pro Shops and a few local supporters. The event was later published in the magazine and told of the incredible time these kids had, as well as the Parents and Grandparents who got to share the experience with them. The fishing was a little slow that day, but you would have never guessed it by the comments from any of the kids in the car on the way home, and as I've been told...many times since. Every kid left the event feeling like a winner and the smiles around the event that day are something I won't ever forget. Especially the ones on my two boys' faces.

The following year, the tournament was not held in light of the economy and the concerns that many people would not be able to afford coming or donating give-aways to the tournament.

This year, it was decided that regardless of the economy, we were having the 2nd Annual Mini-Me Classic and that we would just have to use our resources to be able to put together some stuff for the kids. So.......I wanted to offer an opportunity for anyone on the site to donate anything they feel might be appropriate for the event. Naturally, if you wanted to donate something on behalf of a company, I would gladly mention it on the site, and do whatever I could to mention your company name in the magazine if the event is once again published. That said, we would certainly accept any donations big or small, companies or individuals with or without anonymity, that you think a youngster may enjoy receiving at an event like this.

And above all, please don't allow this post to create any ill will about who can or cannot contribute. I don't expect anything, but I wanted to feel as though I was helping the cause by offering the opportunity here. Regardless, I'll make sure to post any new relevant information about the tournament as well as a recap of how it went.

In the meantime, I'll probably be posting to this thread once a week just to make sure everyone has had a chance to see it prior to the event.

Here is a post on the last event. https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=244284&highlight=mini

Thanks for reading, and even if you can't contribute a prize....the kids would love reading your support!

Thanks Again!

Man I have a BOX full of stuff that I've used only one worm out of, or bought and just never used....

Can something like that help you out if it's package cosmetics are ok? Might be able to make a few grab bags or something

russ010 said:
Man I have a BOX full of stuff that I've used only one worm out of, or bought and just never used....

Can something like that help you out if it's package cosmetics are ok? Might be able to make a few grab bags or something
Absolutely Russ. Anything you think of that would be part of a goodie bag.

BassAddict said:
When is it, and about how many kids attend?
April 10th.

I expect 20-30 kids.

I was thinking we might give out some of the goodies right before the tournament starts to get the kids excited about using a new bait/lure.

Bassadict, some of them mud bugs in say 2 packs or 3 packs would be perfect... :) I am taking my two little girls with me, as brine has 2 boys as well with him, I am guessing there is gonna be closer to 50 kids myself... :)

Bugpac said:
Bassadict, some of them mud bugs in say 2 packs or 3 packs would be perfect... :) I am taking my two little girls with me, as brine has 2 boys as well with him, I am guessing there is gonna be closer to 50 kids myself... :)

Well...I EXPECT 20-30...LOL

I hope 100 show up!

If he doesn't respond, the pavilion rental is 120.00, as of right now its looking like each team is gonna pitch in 10.00 per boat to cover this, and the balance will go towards food/beverage. And as far as i know, anything after that will go to something for the kiddies..

poolie said:
So Brine, are you also looking for monitary donations?

It wouldn't get turned away :LOL2:

Bugpac said:
If he doesn't respond, the pavilion rental is 120.00, as of right now its looking like each team is gonna pitch in 10.00 per boat to cover this, and the balance will go towards food/beverage. And as far as i know, anything after that will go to something for the kiddies..

Yep, BP has the idea. The reality is, we need to get the money to reserve the pavillion. I don't have it, or I would do it myself. That particular place books out fairly quick during the Spring, and as a matter of fact.....It's the only Saturday available right now that Month at the times we need it (2 hrs, after weigh-in). If we aren't able to book the pavillion, we'll just have to set up somewhere else.

Bugpac said:

Let me know either here or by PM how you guys want to handle that and I'll be more than happy to help out. I think it's a great thing ya'll are doing.

Poolie

poolie said:
Bugpac said:

Let me know either here or by PM how you guys want to handle that and I'll be more than happy to help out. I think it's a great thing ya'll are doing.

Poolie

Thanks Poolie! I'll PM you the details now.

Thanks Jigster!

I know we are a close family here on TinBoats, but rather than throw an address out there for all the "crazies" that aren't members, I'll PM any of you a mailing address.

PM sent Jigster!

Imagine the fun we all could have had if there had been tourneys when we were kids... It would have been the highlight of my year!

Just my opinion, but I always think of these as community gives. If every member could spare a buck, there would be over $2k to put on the kids tourney! That could lead to more of these fun days.

Just PM'ed for a paypal address. Great Idea \:D/

Bugpac said:
I think this is gonna require Cletus T to get his bung over here to Tinboats, dont you agree Brine? :)

Yep, I'm gunna put the word out for him to sign up. You guys would get a kick out of most of his posts.

wasilvers said:
Imagine the fun we all could have had if there had been tourneys when we were kids... It would have been the highlight of my year!

Just my opinion, but I always think of these as community gives. If every member could spare a buck, there would be over $2k to put on the kids tourney! That could lead to more of these fun days.

Just PM'ed for a paypal address. Great Idea \:D/

Couldn't agree more.

Sent you a PM back. I'm one of those lame No Paypal people..lol. I sent you a mailing address in case you wanted to do it the old fashion way.

While I'm on this subject, If you happen to send something to the address I PM you, please make sure to put your screen name on it so I know who sent what.

Thanks Guys!

I got paypal if it is needed, pm brine the amount you wish to donate and you can paypal me, if you feel comfortable doing so, I will get the money over to him..

I invited him and got shot down Brine, you better go work him over.. :mrgreen:

Okay guys, I'm going to throwing down the gauntlet and challenge three members to match a $30 donation to secure a pavilion for the kids.... any takers?

Bugpac, I'll send a PM to get the Paypal info.

poolie said:
Okay guys, I'm going to throwing down the gauntlet and challenge three members to match a $30 donation to secure a pavilion for the kids.... any takers?

Bugpac, I'll send a PM to get the Paypal info.

Poolie, it would be great if you could make it up for the food anyhow... :) Thanks A bunch Poolie.. We are only having 15 boats to fish, But looks like we are gonna have a good crowd bank fishing and enjoying some grub afterwords as well...

holy crap I've got a lot of goodies to get rid of... and that includes some cranks and topwater plugs

Are y'all still fishing with us this Saturday bug and brine?

Latest posts