Turbo Snake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go again! :LOL2:

Why am I such a jackass? If you been around long enough, you know my rants about as seen on tv products.

RIP Billy Mays!
Your lucky we never met. :LOL2: :shock:
billy-mays-death-wedding-rings.jpg

Back to the topic at hand.
Anyone see the infomercial for the Turbo Snake? Anyone have it? C'mon now......fess up!

There are 3 ladies in my life so you can imagine why this thing would be handy.

https://www.turbosnake.com/Default.asp?tcode=pi8&tag=google&gclid=CJKWronizZ8CFZMK5Qod1BBPtg&bhcp=1

I feel your pain, I used to have clean my shower drain 2-3 times a year. I bought a small metal snake from the hardware store for a lot less then the "TURBOSNAKE". I recently bought a screen that replaces the shower drain I have to clean it after the wife takes a shower but 8 months and counting haven't had to snake the drain yet.

Don't have one of those, but I wouldn't buy any of that "as seen on TV" crap. It's on late nite and uses carnival pitchmen for a reason. :wink:

Check out this how to site and make your own choices.

If you want something that pulls the crap out of the drain, why would you want that tool hanging in you bathroom cabinet ?? YUCK !!!! There's a disposable product on this list.

I have something similar to that. It's a long piece of plastic with barbs on it.
You push it down the drain and pull out the clog.

It is rather funny that I read this post this morning. My wife and I went shopping today and happened to stop at Walgreens to get some things there as well. She walks in to the “As seen on TV” Isle and sees the turbo snake and grabs one saying she wants it.

I myself am not a as seen on TV kinda guy. Last time I did that, my sea monkeys didn’t live past the third day……

Anyway, she buys it and when we got home she ran up stairs to see if it would work on the bathroom sinks. To my surprise, it pulled a lot of stuff out of the trap and the drain is much faster. So I can say from seeing it with my own eyes Yes, the turbo snake does work as advertised. The sea monkeys on the other hand, didn’t see one of them do a cartwheel.……….

Crankworm said:
I feel your pain, I used to have clean my shower drain 2-3 times a year. I bought a small metal snake from the hardware store for a lot less then the "TURBOSNAKE". I recently bought a screen that replaces the shower drain I have to clean it after the wife takes a shower but 8 months and counting haven't had to snake the drain yet.

Same here, bought a cheap manual snake from the hardware store. Had to use it once. Put a screen over the drain and that has seems to have solved most of our problems.