Took a Ride on the Current River Yesterday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this. Got my old barge in decent shape the last couple of weeks for the Polar Bear run on Current River this weekend. Broncoman and myself loaded up and headed to Doniphan, Mo. and met up with 4 other boats and headed up stream for a bon fire and some lunch. Made some new friends, it was cold but the sun was out and it was nice to get out of the house. Took a few pics.

I felt a little inadequate running with these guys. LOL 2 in the middle are running 250 XSs. He said they were built to go fast and that's about all. :shock:
P2070004.jpg

This is one of them.

P2070001.jpg

My old tub.
P2070007.jpg

Here are a couple of examples of the "cabins" that are on this stretch of river.

P2070042.jpg

P2070047.jpg

P2070021.jpg

Nice pics. Wonder how much the "cabin" rents for...

Good looking rigs. Yours included.

I used to fish with guys running 250's and such....I know how you feel being under powered...lol

Them are buetifal places, I noticed they must not have cable. I could see satalite dishes in the pics.

Glad you got your boat in running condition too!!!

Nice report Code.Your rig is looking pretty good.Are you finished with it yet,or still need to do more?
Still haven't got mine fixed from the final trip of the year.Lack of $$$$$.Hope to have it fixed next week.

Getting very close to calling it quits on the interior of the boat. Still need to build the front deck extension and do some wiring for the lights/ bilge pump that's it. Check my build thread for the final pics of the rear deck.

I've been fighting a miss since last summer. Thought I had it cured. Sunday by the time we were about ready to load up it was getting VERY bad. At this point I have about 50% of the electrics off of the motor and I found a burnt wire on one of the coils, so the coil will have to be replaced. I'm hoping that is all that it is.

Click on the pic for the entire gallery. Worked on my motor for a while last night. I think I found the ailment might try to go fishin' Saturday. Gonna be cold again.