Farewell, Captain Phil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
https://www.popeater.com/2010/02/10/deadliest-catch-captain-phil-harris-dies/

He was a character.

Jim said:
Yeah, That is a bummer.

Death sucks anyway you look at it. Was he sick for awhile or was it an unhealthy lifestyle? He was a chain smoker was he not?

He had all sorts of problems - recently had a big strioke

RIP Phil

Dang... That blows, but like troutman said, I'm surprised he made it this long.

He was my favorite on the show...At least he isn't in any pain anymore [-o<

I just saw that, Man that sucks, he was my favorite Salt also. He was the Captain of the Cornelia Marie, he suffered a massive stroke on Jan. 29 on his boat while it was docked in Alaska, he seemed to be doing fine as of Feb 3rd and died on Tuesday. I wonder if his sons will continue on the show? I hope so. RIP my friend, RIP.

Jim said:
Yeah, That is a bummer.

Death sucks anyway you look at it. Was he sick for awhile or was it an unhealthy lifestyle? He was a chain smoker was he not?

Shoot, he pretty well lived off of cigarettes, Red Bull and chocolate bars. Not to mention sat in the chair for 48 hours on end without doing so much as stretch his legs. A combination of those will age you quick.

The show wont be the same without him. He was one that did look out for his crew. RIP Cap.

fair winds and following seas.....

My bride is from Sitka Alaska....Most of the men from that area are fishermen.... She said that of the 100 or so guys that she graduated with that over 20 have died on the seas there fishing ....it is a very dangerous lively hood for sure.......Not only for the physical demands of the occupation but the life style itself..........JIGGY

Latest posts