Rally Get Together Update

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Please take the following in the positive spirit it is intended.

Dale Hollow 2009 was barely a success - only 8 or so members actually came out after over 25-30 initially signed up. Jim and I (and a few others) spent considerable time making our first rally a reality, albeit somewhat disappointing with the turnout. Weather, location, time of year, etc., all played a part in who came and who didn't.

Now..... a second rally is proposed. In order for it to be a success, we need to organize a get together that will accommodate most, if not all, the members. To do that, we need to insure flexibility in our selection. A few things that need to be closely considered, IMO, are the following:

Location - something central to all members - Ha, that's impossible. So, perhaps 3-4 locations, alternating each year, that allows the majority of members to participate at least once (maybe more) times each year. BUT, keep the locations central, not isolated from a majority of members.

Several suggestions so far are for "areas" rather than a specific lake????? - an area that offers numerous lakes and/or multiple species found in different areas.????? I'd suggest that it would not be a "group" gathering of TinBoaters?? How could we have social gatherings when everyone is away from the others fishing in different areas??? Forget that - pick one location/lake, that works for us as a group.....

Accommodations: Reasonably priced. Must allow for everyone's participation, i.e., camping, cabins, rental boats/slips, dock space, fish cleaning facilities, etc. A place designed for fishermen, and families (water sports, are not a priority since this is a fishing rally).

Fishing/boating: Of course, a good to excellent fishing lake. IMPORTANT - no restrictions on HP - all boats from electric to big rigs allowed - don't rule out our bigger motor members by a HP limit lake..... but, don't exclude the small boats either - lake should be fish-able by both....

Time - Well, many members have kids in school, many do not (Ha, some of us are retired :) So.. timing of the event needs to be considered to allow as many members to participate as possible. Holiday weekends are good for kids to come along, but also brings in crowded lakes, higher rental costs, etc. Last year's event in October was a little late in the season and the weather was not optimum... Just a consideration....

So, all this being said, I hope that we can move forward and make our second annual TinBoats rally a success and a foundation for many more successful rally's in the future. The key to success is the willingness for our members to maintain flexibility, open mindedness and work together toward a common goal.

One last thought - I firmly believe that Jim has the final say and decision on this issue - and I'm sure no one disagrees, so, my opinions along with all the others, are merely suggestions and food for thought for his (Jim's) consideration.

=D> Good Post FC.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Lanier :mrgreen:

Just Kidding! Hope to meet some of you guys tho someday soon.

Nicely Stated, and I agree completely. If I can make it at all, I'll be on board for whatever decision is made. I had a blast last October, and I'm sure the next one can only be better.

Very nicely worded FC and I agree that it is going to be for all the tinboaters and their families to get together. I very much enjoy meeting those that came last year and hope to meet new ones this year. I will most likely go anywhere to fish a new lake but this time hopefully the weather will be better.
Thanks for the post.

I agree FC. I had a blast at the first one even if I was only there one night. I enjoyed meeting the guys. I will do my best to be at the next one if I have to drive a thousand miles to get there. I am also planning to be there longer so I can fish this time. When and Where?

FC you took the words out of just about everyone's mouth. Let's not rush it. Proper planning is a must!!!!

FishingCop said:
Fishing/boating: Of course, a good to excellent fishing lake. IMPORTANT - no restrictions on HP - all boats from electric to big rigs allowed - don't rule out our bigger motor members by a HP limit lake..... but, don't exclude the small boats either - lake should be fish-able by both....
=D> =D>

Latest posts