Thought I'd share

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum and thought I'd share it with ya'll

Ya'll with little girls should appreciate this.

My oldest daughter (7) is sick with strep and was out of school yesterday, so Daddy took the day off to stay home with her. I looked at her about lunch time and asked what she wanted for lunch. She immediately said she wanted Chick-Fil-A. We loaded up and headed out. I asked her if she minded if we took a detour to a tackle shop so daddy could get a new spinner bait for his tournament this weekend. She beamed and asked if she could help pick it out. Daddy of course said yes. The whole way to the store she asked questions about the bait, what's it for, how I would use it, etc.
When we arrived at the store she piled out of the truck and hit the door. I pointed her in the direction of the baits and she started looking. Naturally she started looking at the ones she thought were "pretty". I told her to look out the door at the water. I told here it would need to a bait that the fish could see in that really muddy water. She turned around and went back to the hunt. After a few minutes she pats me on the shoulder and says "this is the one daddy, this one will catch a fish for you." She hands me a big ol ugly Ole Nellie, 3/4 oz black/red with black nickel willow leaves. I aksed her if that's the one, and she said "yup, this one is my favorite and will help you win." I got her to take it to the counter and gave her the money to pay.
We head for chow and on the way she asks to hold the bait. I peek in the rearview and see her marveling at the bait and she looks like she is talking to it. I ask her what she is doing and she announces she is telling the bait to help daddy catch some fish. She then gives me some more fishing advice. She tells me I should pray and ask God to help me catch some fish. She goes on to say, "God made the fish, so maybe he can tell them to eat this bait." I just smiled and thanked her for her help.
I'm generally grumpy and ill most of the time, but I have gignatic soft spot for my little girls. I can't put into words how I felt having this conversation with my little girly girl. I can't wait for the weather to warm and take both of my girls fishing. Hopefully this bore ya'll to tears, just thought I'd share.
Gunny

That's awesome!!!!

It really doesn't matter, but did you catch a fish on it or place in the tournament with it?

Cherish this time with your daughters. They grow up way too fast. Mine fished with me about 99% of the times I went until she turned 13. Then she wanted to be with her friends every weekend. I don't blame her, but I'll never forget those times. She is away at her first year in college now. About 3 months ago she was home and I loaded the boat that night for a trip in the morning. I wake up early the next morning and made a trip to the truck. when I come back in she is sitting on the floor crying. Keep in mind that she is now 18. She said "you never ask me to go fishing anymore". My heart sank kind of like that kick to the groin feeling. I told her that I asked you for years to go but you always were to busy with your friends. I gave up asking. I called my buddy and told him that I had someone a little more important to take fishing. I told her to go get ready about the time my wife woke up and I was sold out by wife offering a shopping trip. Now!!! How do you call your fishing buddy up early in the morning and tell him the trip is back on?

I didn't mean to steal your thread but they do grow up so fast!!!

I'm 26, and a newlywed, so I can't relate much to your story, but when my wife and I decide to have a family, these are the moments I hope to experience.

Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Hey Specknreds,
Fishing the tournament this Saturday, I'll let you know. That bait will catch all my fish, or at least that's what I'm telling my daughter anyway.

MeanMouth said:
I'm 26, and a newlywed, so I can't relate much to your story, but when my wife and I decide to have a family, these are the moments I hope to experience.

Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Always invite your new wife along to fish before your buddies even if she just sits in the boat and reads a book. I've been married 9 yrs and the best times I've had with the Chick has been on the water or on our way to the next fishing adventure. She's also gone from reading books and working on her tan to becoming an avid salmon and walleye angler. Makes me proud to be married to her when she gets talking fishing with other people at the ramp and I see envious looks from other guys when they figure out she knows what shes talking about.

Latest posts