Boat Covers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
I copied this post from "Hot Deals" just to see if I get more responses about the boat cover fitting my boat??

switchback: Cabela's has custom boat covers for lowes and alumacraft boats (normally $300 to $400) on sale right now for $99.99. I bought the 170 stinger lowe boat cover for my Sea Ark. Even though the rear corners of my boat are cut at an angle instead of square, the cover fits great. Well worth the money. Also got a motor cover for $20.

Fishingcop: Humm, a really good deal, I wonder if the Lowes one (165 Fishing Machine -
Deep V Series) for a 16.5 deep V would fit my boat? A Spectrum Sport 16 (16.5' deep V w/windshield)? Don't know the transom width? But how bad a fit could it be?? The cover we use now is a generic for a 17' - but it works - just old and really needs to be replaced. For $99, I'd buy it if it fits reasonable well, albeit not perfect?? Any thoughts? Actually, looks like the Lowe doesn't have a windshield???? Mine does....

Switchback: I would think it would! If it doesn't fit you can always send it back to them. I like them better than Bass Pro because of customer service and no hassle return.

Any other opinions/thoughts?

They still have these in stock....
175 Fish & Ski -Deep V Series. I know they are a foot longer but it would cover the motor as well as the boat. Just a thought.

The generic cover I bought at Walmart for the '05 Bass Tracker PT175 I used to own, was bought longer on purpose just so that it would cover the boat and the 50hp Merc that hung off the back. I could cinch that cover down and cover the entire boat (sides & stern included), and pretty much the entire motor (except for the lower part of the shaft and below). It sure kept the sun and inclimate weather off the motor (and the boat) and protected them well.

Thanks for the response and info - I may go for the larger one for that price as long as I can return it if it doesn't fit well....

Well, they were out of stock, then they were back in stock. Since I wasn't sure of the 165 fitting because of the full windshield, I ordered both the 165 and the 175 :) Since my boat is in storage until April, I talked to them on their on-line customer service - they said return the one that I don't want (or both) within 90 days. We should be good to go with one of the two. $379 and $399 for only $99, a great deal for a top notch cover.

Thanks switchback for finding and posting this "Hot Deal" =D>

Your welcome. Hope you have one that has a custom type fit. They really are good about customer service and returns. If you have a problem with a product, they will make it right no problem.
They also have a 300 denier cover for $59.99 in the store that I bought for my lil boat. It fades pretty quick, but stays water proof and holds up pretty good. Not sure if they have them on line or not, but it is a universal cover.

FishingCop said:
Well, they were out of stock, then they were back in stock. Since I wasn't sure of the 165 fitting because of the full windshield, I ordered both the 165 and the 175 :) Since my boat is in storage until April, I talked to them on their on-line customer service - they said return the one that I don't want (or both) within 90 days. We should be good to go with one of the two. $379 and $399 for only $99, a great deal for a top notch cover.

Thanks switchback for finding and posting this "Hot Deal" =D>

Got the boat out last week and the 16.5 fit perfectly - really happy with it so far (haven't trailered it yet) - but looks like it was a great deal all the way around. Took the 17.5 back today - no hassles, no problems, I'm a happy Cabella's customer as of now?? :) :)

Latest posts